MP5K with DLO Trigger Frame

ChristopherAbbott

I am offering an MP5K with 4 position burst pack with a DLO trigger frame, rolling sear, and all new factory internals. If you are looking for the most sought after and highly collectible HK, look no further. The NFA registered machine gun is the DLO trigger frame, and there are very few of these available. The trigger frame allows for the drop in of all new and updated factory internals, so no retimed hammer and flawless performance of 900 rpm. This gun is a safe queen and the most sought after HK NFA item. The trigger frame can be utilized for any of the three calibers offered for HK machine guns (.223, 9mm, .308). $50,000.00 o/b/o

IMG_6356.JPG

IMG_6358.JPG

fullsizeoutput_13e.jpeg

• Like 1

The registered NFA machine gun is that metal frame, not the pack. The DLO frame is now sitting in that 3 round burst pack, but can be switched to another burst pack such as 2 round burst. Doug from DLO had around 30 (could be wrong but this is what I have heard) semi automatic HKs and he pulled those trigger frames out of the semi automatic guns, drilled, stamped, and registered them as machine guns. This is why it takes all new factory internals because the trigger frame is an original HK part. Also, this is one of the strongest parts of the gun and will never break, unlike a sear. This is one of the rarest HK machine guns money can buy.

It is my understanding that an unaltered DLO trigger frame can only work with SEF pack internal parts and a SEF trigger housing,  and to make it run in burst/ambi mode (Navy configuration) would require modification to the DLO trigger frame itself. Ex: I think the selecter lever is a larger diameter for the Navy pack and thus would requires a larger diameter hole than what is in the unmodified DLO trigger frame.

If your DLO trigger frame will run in burst/ambi mode then I think it must have been modified from its original configuration after it left Doug's shop back in 1986. This would not necessarily a bad thing as some would see it as a positive that it could run a Navy lower (bust/ambi).

Terminolgy Reference:

Trigger Box or Frame=the metal box or cage (as in your closeups) with no internals installed.

Trigger Pack=the trigger box/frame with all internal parts installed.

Trigger Housing=the black plastic pistol grip housing that the trigger pack drops into.

Edited by Tall Pine

8 hours ago, ChristopherAbbott said:

Doug from DLO had around 30 (could be wrong but this is what I have heard) semi automatic HKs...

Not that it really matters, but this statement is incorrect. DLO did not start with semi auto trigger frames and register them as mg's. He started with G3/Auto trigger frames and trimmed the front of the frame to clear a semi auto shelf.

i've owned 3 of these. 2 dlo and one from neil smith. none of them ran anything other than SEF. poster, are you able to run this in burst or only safe/semi/full?

I've also not heard of anyone using navy  internals to stuff inside of that same box, and others correct me if i am wrong, but they navy internals do not fit into the SEF pack without some alteration. 

that plastic shell that has all the markings has nothing to do with the functionality. it just sits there and looks pretty. 

converpackslt.jpg

This image has a SEF pack on top and an Ambi pack on the the bottom.  The selector hole on the SEF pack is smaller and has a notch on top.  The burst pack has a larger selector hole and another pin hole towards rear (right side of picture) of the body for some of the burst mechanism.  You can watch this video for how the trigger pack works.  This pdf link has good cut away drawing of the internals of the burst pack.

There are smiths who have converted registered trigger boxes from SEF to Ambi, but your pictures look like it's still a SEF box.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ChristopherAbbott said:

The registered NFA machine gun is that metal frame, not the pack. The DLO frame is now sitting in that 3 round burst pack, but can be switched to another burst pack such as 2 round burst. Doug from DLO had around 30 (could be wrong but this is what I have heard) semi automatic HKs and he pulled those trigger frames out of the semi automatic guns, drilled, stamped, and registered them as machine guns. This is why it takes all new factory internals because the trigger frame is an original HK part. Also, this is one of the strongest parts of the gun and will never break, unlike a sear. This is one of the rarest HK machine guns money can buy.

Doug took Full Auto frames and notched them to clear the shelf in Semi Guns. DLO's can be converted to Ambi/Burst Mode, what you have pictured is a SEF frame would help your sale if you could remove the pack from the housing so everyone could see it in Burst configuration. Just my nickel

https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-reference-library/372810-info-pics-different-manufacturers-registered-hk-trigger-packs-sears-housings.html

5 hours ago, tobrooks said:

Just curious does anyone know of/heard of an HK sear like say an S&H wearing out or breaking from normal use? 

I believe there has been one, but the likely hood is not likely even if it did could be repaired.