Can you load gun like this?

Jdrey

Hello guys,
I have one question regarding to shooting semi-auto handgun. Me and my two friends talked about movies and how they filming certain scenes. One of them told me:that it's possible to load M9 without racking slide back or using slide release -just to put magazine in and shoot. Since i haven't got any real experience with real firearms,only few airsoft replicas,I told him I'll ask you guys is it possible?
I saw it too,in some B movies,guys just unholster their M9 and shoot half of magazine,and then eject them before slide lock after last round,and then put another magazine and keep shooting. I'm a bit confused how is that possible because the M9 have single action before first round,and then all other rounds are double action,or that's how i heard.
Every comment is welcome!

Its like in cartoons (Simpsons, American Dad & Family Guy) where they pump rounds into double barrel shotguns!

quote-" I saw it too,in some B movies,guys just unholster their M9 and shoot half of magazine,and then eject them before slide lock after last round,and then put another magazine and keep shooting. I'm a bit confused how is that possible because the M9 have single action before first round,and then all other rounds are double action,or that's how i heard."   WHEN I AM TEACHING FOLKS, THE FIRST LESSON I DRILL IS , one should try to answer any question themselves  b-4 asking it, then you learn How much you actually know!  when you get the correct answer.  think about the action that occurs in the above . by shooting half the mag and stopping, a round is still chambered when the half full mag is ejected. installing a full mag and pulling the trigger fires the chambered round and the weapon will load a round from the new mag . the hammer would have been cocked and ready to fire single action when the half mag was dropped had the hammer been lowered during the change, the gun could still be fired 'double action". I don't support the stupid question possibility at all , I believe confidence is lacking or perhaps a little fear .