NFA TRANSFER QUESTION

mike todd

this week I received an approved form 4 to transfer a VICKERS to an out of state dealer that had been pending quite a while. when I advised the buyer it had approved and I planned to ship it soon, he replied that the transferee on my form and just moved (couple blocks same name/ city/state) and to ship it too the NEW ADDRESS !  what is the proper procedure in that case? he did overnight a signed in ink copy of the license with the new destination. everything is the same but the actual address. do I need something in writing from ATF?  with all the LONG transfer times I'm sure this has happened a few time's the last 3 years or so.    THOUGHTS?  thanx mike

SORRY< BUT I DONT GET IT.  NEVER done a 4473 when transferring NFA. I am an individual and mailing this NFA weapon to a dealer out of state.  the 4473 has NO place in this transaction. they are dealer only until sometime shortly following the next national election. he has already completed his 5320 or what ever the forms are to move. as I mentioned, I do have his new license with the new information signed in ink.

You can ship to any address he specifies even if it's not his mailing or premises address.  There is no longer a requirement that anything be shipped to the premises address on the license.  Dealers don't do 5320's, nor do they do 4473's for individuals......who technically don't have access to them or NICS. HTH

May firearms be shipped to a licensee at an address different from the business premises address identified on the license?

Yes. Neither the GCA nor its implementing regulations require firearms be shipped only to the licensed business premises. Therefore, a licensee may lawfully receive firearms at the licensee’s mailing address, storage location, or other address where the licensee intends to ensure safe and secure receipt of the firearms.

Source: https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/may-firearms-be-shipped-licensee-address-different-business-premises-address-identified

Edited by MontanaRenegade86