If I had a rocket launcher.......

Tubegunner

Managed to test fire my RPG-2 last Saturday. Very pleased with the results. First round was from a test stand and triggered with a long lanyard. Second round was shoulder fired and may still be circling the earth,lol. It disappeared over the top of some tall trees which were 300 yds away while still on a flat trajectory!. Amazing thing about it is I felt absolutely nothing  except for smoke fore and aft. Truly recoiless!  Rifle is on a Form1 and classed as a DD.

PG-2 on stepladder.jpg

PG-2 rocket pack.JPG

PG-2 test fire.jpg

PG-2 loaded round.JPG

• Like 1

Man you are so lucky!!! I unforcantly live in Missouri and DD is the only thing I can’t have I’d love to have one of these! If you don’t mind how much did you pay for one ? In Missouri I can own anything I want just not DDs which suck I want a 20mm lahti gun a 75mm m20 recoilless rifle and a rpg honesty looking at getting my ffl just so I can own them. Man that rpg is badass I want one hahaha congrats man!!!!

I made the expelling charges and the tube. The "rockets" are surplus. For the propellant, I used Goex Cannon grade and followed the original construction design. Sorry about MO's laws this the funnest thing I've done in years. Oh, and 60 mm mortar too!

It rained most of the day so I didn't really get a chance to use it. Lotys of cleaning to do for very little shooting. Last time I used it having lots of trouble with the drum magazine. Fortunately another shooter there has lots of experience with all things German and and gave me an armorer's clinic about it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Love the idea and the execution! Any thoughts on why one could not do the same thing for the rpg7? 

Also, how difficult of a project was it to do? For the DD registry, where did you end up serializing it, the tube? 

As for the last video, how many shots before you were confident enough to shoulder it? 

Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...