WTK Bren 100rd Drum MKI how to use, wind etc

Charles Cox

Hi all,

I have a couple of 100rd drums for the Bren MKI 303 lmg that I plan on using with my Pre Sample MKI Bren. I can find almost no information on how many revolutions to wind them, winding instructions, loading instructions etc.. Can anyone with a Bren and 100rd drum help me out. As in tell me how many turns it takes to wind the drum, and or any tricks to getting it to run right. 

Thanks all, 

Keep Your Powder Dry,

Charles @ Viking Arms

AKA SolothurnAT 

CHARLES,  when shipped the chest had directions attached to the inside lid , and some where in my mess I have a photo stat of that page laminated. if I can find it, I will copy and send it too you. also I will check my book by Duggleby and see if its in there.  in the meantime , I know someone that has a couple chests intact and I will see I he will take the time. should you earn what you need else where , please let me know so I can cease fire. CHEERS mike todd

Thanks I really appreciate it. I think I have it figured out. Kinda pieced the info together from different sources. I have both Been Saga books but must of overlooked the part about the drums. 

Does the guy with the intact chests want to sell one. Been looking for 2 more drums and a chest to complete the set. My drums are the early ones that required the winding handle. 

Thanks

Charles @Viking Arms

CHARLES , I don't think he is ready to sell until his BREN CHAIR /MOUNT is gone. he has 3 Mk1 and 2 MkII guns.  the chair is a twin or it would have been gone long ago. not many out there with 2 guns. none of his guns will be sold until he has passed on. I will check though. the last complete set I know of that sold (mk2) went for $7k  in 2011.