What NFA crops are you planting this year?

nuge

On January 11, 2016 at 3:46 AM, nuge said:

Speaking of LMGs, almost forgot the formula...

LMG%252520Equation.jpg

I ponder doing this & settled on a Colt IAR upper instead.

Edited by Baboon

42 minutes ago, CIMG in Fulton, MO said:

Talk me out of a Shrike, cause I am really wanting to pick up a M2 Carbine.

Seems you already know you don't want a shrike! One of my shooting budies has 3 M2 Carbines. one of them is a  5.7mm Johnson.

15 hours ago, K_lover in OR said:

This is the year of a Swedish K for me.  Missed a few oppurtunities over the years but not letting it get away from me again this year.  Then perhaps a vickers.  

+1 on the Swedish K... Did some side by side comparisons of smoothness and rate of fire last year between the Swed K, MP5 and M16 9mm... The K was almost as smooth as the MP5 and its rate of fire the slowest of the three.  Really like it!

IMG_2398.JPG

Edited by nuge
Typo

Waiting on a transferable M16 to come in. Unless something comes out of the woodwork that I just can't live without, this year is going to be spent on about two dozen gun projects in various stages of completion (same goes for about a half dozen motorcycle projects and a dozen house projects), selling off some odds and ends.....

recruit corporal.......that's a new one : )

Edited by Waffen Und Bier
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mongo said:

I sold my MP5 after I got a Swedish K because I just did not shoot the MP5 any more.

As for the Colt LMG it is one of my favorite LMGs and is extremely smooth shooting.

M16-left-side.jpgM16-right-side.jpg

^^ The lofty LMG standard to which I aspire this year...

1 hour ago, Dscheid NFA Investments said:

Mongo, beautiful Colt LMG you have there!

I took a look at your Stoner pictures as well and have to ask, how are you capturing such great photos, especially with the white background?

Is it a white room (space) with excellent lighting?

First I am a real noob taking pictures and working a camera. The pictures you looked at are all undoctored except for the cropping and water marking them.

I bought this plastic sheet material to use as a background and then used these lights to do the pictures. There is natural light as well as the lights since they really are not strong enough to get the details I wanted.

I then set the camera to manual mode with the following settings

F-stop f/11

Exposure time 0.77 sec

ISO-100

no flash was used and the camera was on a tripod with a remote shutter so i did not disturb it while the long exposure was going on.

I then take many pictures and shift the exposure time up and down so when I load them on the computer I review the ones that turned out better and delete the rest.

Stoner-AR-right-side.jpg

Edited by Mongo
  • Like 1

Excellent picture taking is a real art, but well worth the time invested. Mark McWillis at TROS takes excellent pictures too and I always enjoy looking at cool guns when the pictures are so good. Right now I am using a Nikon D5100 and was struggling with close up photos, so I just got a new Sigma 18-250 Macro lens for some additional versatility and Close up's, still playing around with it, however the background needs to be an important item to keep in mind.

Thanks for sharing, Dennis

I'm using a Nikon D3300 I picked up since I'm only doing this is a novice I went as cheap as I can since the last thing I need is another expensive hobby. I plan to take a few more of my Swedish Kg m/37 BAR amd ZB26 tomorrow. If I get to it I'll post them. Hopefully I can duplicate my effort like the Stoner pictures.

21 minutes ago, nuge said:

Yeah I think its the same. I bought it a long time ago and do not remember where I got it. I don't like the finger groove design but it serves its purpose making carrying the gun easier.It is on backwards compared to what they expect you to mount it but it balances well in that orientation with the LMG.

On January 11, 2016 at 6:13 PM, Dscheid NFA Investments said:

I love the Colt M16's and ALL HK's!

Colt%20M16s%202015_zpsayuen3tc.jpg

On January 12, 2016 at 8:01 PM, Dscheid NFA Investments said:

Did I mention I Love HK's Too!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HKs%202014_zpsfzikeny8.jpg

OK I m officially jealous.. Lmaooo

I was excited for having a HK MP5K-PDW and a MP5A3 but this is at a whole new level.. I am getting my hands on a couple of MP7's though... :)

On 1/15/2016 at 9:13 AM, Detroit Tactical Firearms said:

OK I m officially jealous.. Lmaooo

I was excited for having a HK MP5K-PDW and a MP5A3 but this is at a whole new level.. I am getting my hands on a couple of MP7's though... :)

Also am hoping that this year's harvest will reap a couple of all correct HK SBRs from TPM (PDW & MP5F) and another L2A3 replica from CPS:

2016%252520NFA%252520Harvest.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 1/16/2016 at 8:34 PM, nuge said:

Also am hoping that this year's harvest will reap a couple of all correct HK SBRs from TPM (PDW & MP5F) and another L2A3 replica from CPS:

More reaping - both MP5F and PDW are in...  Some pics of the PDW below just in from the field:

PDW4%2Bfrom%2Bthe%2Bpackage.jpg

And drying in the sun...

IMG_0162%2BPOST.JPG

IMG_0187%2BPOST2.jpg

IMG_0189%2BPOST2.jpg

IMG_0184%2BPOST.JPG

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
On 1/2/2017 at 7:50 PM, J237 said:

Congratulations that looks fantastic.  Share any range pictures you think we would enjoy.  

Thanks!  It will be a while before I have any range pics for this one...  But here are a couple links of friends shooting my Terry Dyer RR version of the same gun.  Enjoy.

https://goo.gl/photos/MLxhFeMFm4wqiZoj6

https://goo.gl/photos/Jki7uZe9ZTNQxxTn8

Edited by nuge
typo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/20/2017 at 0:53 PM, Machineguntony said:

In 2017, I'm going after the lesser known stuff.

For starters, I need a factory pre-68 transferable MP5. How many exist?

Also I've been looking for another transferable machine pistol.

Pretty ambitious quest to obtain an original MP5.  But best of luck and more power to you.   Hope you DO find one and will post pics here!!

On 1/14/2017 at 7:32 PM, Craigan said:

Always loved those HK 23echos. Definitely high marks for cool factor. Is that the caliber convertible one?

I still haven't taken delivery on my Polytech yet. But we're at 8 months since it's been at my SOT, so weekly NFA calls commence Monday :D

Yes it's a convertible one - and I have the complete change kit for 308...

What caliber is your Polytech?  Any modification plans like building a Krink out of it, or an AK74 or 100 series?

7 hours ago, nuge said:

Yes it's a convertible one - and I have the complete change kit for 308...

What caliber is your Polytech?  Any modification plans like building a Krink out of it, or an AK74 or 100 series?

It's one of the last transferables that SWD did, so it is presently a 5.56 gun. That simply won't do. I've got three or four 7.62 chinese barrels that will get used up. Double-folder fun.

Since it's a folder I feel I'm a little more limited in my modification options, though that's not to say I haven't been scheming. We will see :D

In about a year though I think I'm going to put a 1969 dodge charger on the market to buy a belt gun, or do a straight trade with someone. The way things are, I'll play with the gun more than the car haha.

I'm waiting for the f4 to come back on my first MG. It's an NPM converted m2 carbine.  A Reising m50 is next. If I can swing  another gun after that it will probably be a jap 96/99 with conversion, or a pre may MG34. If I somehow win the lottery or some uncle dies off and leaves me a vast fortune then I'd talk eMGunslinger out of the type 24 he is sitting on.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

PLODDER , DONT DESPAIR!  lots of nice guns with FANTASTIC PHOTO SKILLS. I suspect 90% or more are samples , but that's the game these days. I was fortunate in many ways. FIRST, I got into this EARLY!  second , the first time the wife got in the way, I traded her for 2 transferable BRENS anytime I had an itch I found out it was way to easy to go to a bar and fight over the snaggle toothed bitch in the corner. when the vault filled up to capacity, got WIFE number 2, a SOLID 10 and younger than my daughter. let her kill the bank accounts to the limit ( 8 years) and traded her for 5 Mk1 Vickers, 2 34's and another 60. should have done it 7 years sooner and I could have tripled that maybe TWICE ?  thing is NOW  is the time to find a way.  THIS year I stepped up and finally bought an ORIGINAL COLT 1874 45/70 gatling gun on carriage. WHAT A PRIVILIDGE !  MY GOD  water cooled Belt feds under 20k ? COLT 21's under 40K?  that will not last!  when you see a complete 1914 Hotchkiss heavy with ALL the tools and kit go unsold at $17k when an auto sear is reaching $30k something is WRONG. put an auto sear in a shadow box for display and set the HOTCHKISS up on the mount or a MK1 Vickers and see what gets the attention ? WRONG WRONG WRONG !   Oh , I know shootability, utility etc. but now days almost all of us need to reload to shoot much so no big deal putting ammo together for a shoot. when you really get down to it, taking things apart and marveling at machine work or imagining history is what moves things in the NFA world for most so give it a HARD THOUGHT and make something happen. one day , today will be "remember when you could"  cheers mike

• 3 weeks later...

Also have a couple of 9mm suppressors in transfer this year use on for both pistol (HK P30) and subguns (MP5 and 5-K).  These are the OmegaK from SilencerCo and the Multimount from Gemtech.  Mounts will be direct thread 13.5 x 1 for the pistol; and direct thread 1/2 x 32 AND 3-lug for the subguns.  Anyone have experience with either of these two cans positive or negative? Thanks.

Nuge:  I have an Omega 9K 3-lug that I run on a MP5K MGs and a B&T APC9 semi and I’m very happy with it.  No issues at all - solid mount and quiet for its size.

As for what I’m planting - I need a money tree after harvesting trans MP5K RR and trans AKS-74U recently! 

Edited by Nitzel
  • Like 1

On 8/3/2018 at 3:13 PM, MontanaRenegade86 said:

UZI SBR (9mm) - Form 1 pending

B&G Uzi Bolt (45 ACP) - Form 4 pending

I intend to get another machine gun of some kind this year, no preference whether an automatic rifle or subgun, just looking for something within my budget. 

MontanaRenegade86: Sounds good!  Depending on budget there could be a lot of options from 6K on up.  I had a York Arms MKII Sten years ago and regret that I sold it.  Could be looking to add one back.  Sterlings are great too. Good luck.

Edited by nuge

6 hours ago, nuge said:

MontanaRenegade86: Sounds good!  Depending on budget there could be a lot of options from 6K on up.  I had a York Arms MKII Sten years ago and regret that I sold it.  Could be looking to add one back.  Sterlings are great too. Good luck.

I was looking at various AC556 automatic rifles but fell into what I consider to be a fair deal on an MK760.

I still plan on adding more automatics to the pile as budget allows. :D

You sold a Sten? Damn, man. I had a guy interested in mine but I couldn't figure out what it was worth to me. I took that as a sign that I would never forgive myself for selling it. 

Edited by MontanaRenegade86