Alternative Approved MP5 Destruction Methods?

I have a few PD surplus MP5 SMGs that were transferred to me specifically for destruction.  (Very sad, but it is what it is.)

I read the information on the ATF website that describes smelting, shredding and torch cutting thru the receiver along four lines including through the trigger pack attachment holes, thru the trunnion/chamber area, etc..  

I want to preserve as many of the valuable (unrestricted) parts as possible for resale.  Has anyone received approval from ATF for any other alternative method of destruction that better preserves the valuable parts for resale but also ensures legal destruction of the receiver?  For example, I have seen parts kits for sale with complete front ends that have the trunnion, mag well and front trigger pack hole intact.  What’s the rest of that (presumably ATF approved) process?

Thanks in advance.

Ben

Benjamin Specialties LLC 07/02

Edited by Nitzel

Looking at https://www.atf.gov/firearms/how-properly-destroy-firearms which is not specific to imports;

and Ruling 2003-3 https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/ruling/2003-3-%E2%80%94-importation-heckler-koch-g3-type-receivers-unrestricted-commercial/download.which is specific to imports and maybe doesn’t apply in this case?

Edited by Nitzel

GUYS,  remember the ATF guide lines are only that and no more. they  exist so  one can destruct a weapon and be safe from legal problems possessing whats left.  the first time I ran into them involved a huge lot of BROWNINGS in a bonded warehouse and the destruction diagrams were for customs to sign off.  every time I see a post of this type, I try to remind folks that even though something was destroyed at a level required at the time, if you offer something for sale NOT AT THE CURRENT LEVEL required, its the same as offering it INTACT! single saw cut MG's are a great example. ok to possess but offering for sale same as live. there is no provision for "grand father rights etc. so pay heed  in the examples I know of the defendant was bound by "non- disclosure" provisions when sentenced , but "observers" are not bound. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I just go to the dept with a portable band saw and cut them in two places. I also bring a form letter that I have written. I have the the PD photo copy it onto their letterhead signed by them. This letter is from the Dept to ATF letting them know the guns have been destroyed. I send a copy off to ATF to document the action and I keep the original to cover my ass. Sign In Now