Potential Scammer: samsportingoods

And since contacting me today he has logged onto the site several times today even as recent as 15 minutes ago, beware:

I think this guy is a scammer.  He messaged me off the Stoner 63 Bipod for sale thread in the Parts section offering to sell me two more at $250 each.  He asked for Paypal payment sent as discrete gift payment (no buyer protection) and the two pics he sent me are identical to two pics from Vito's Only The Best Firearms.  https://otbfirearms.com/stoner-63-a-bipod-n-o-s-new-old-stock/

I was original sent an invoice with no business letterhead and the appearance of English as a Second language in his emails made me suspicious.  

Attached invoice

No other stoners item

Let me have a confirmation once payment has been mailed

We also accept Paypal but discreet by gift payment

Thank you

The next email about the Paypal payment routes to a different website than paypaldotcom, its www.paypaldotme/JavienaMeans    I won't click on the actual link I bet it also hacks into regular paypal account to drain it.

I can attach the two bipod pics he sent me but they are identical to Vito's.

Edit:  Texted me direct from (727) 286-2507
IP Search of 209.85.167.180 indicates location as Mountain View, CA
Shows 4/5 reports related to this IP concern abuse, attempting to get employees to buy gift cards in the name of business owner:

Edited by sMP44
IP search history and phone number added

• 1 month later...
On 6/7/2019 at 5:32 PM, sMP44 said:

And since contacting me today he has logged onto the site several times today even as recent as 15 minutes ago, beware:

I think this guy is a scammer.  He messaged me off the Stoner 63 Bipod for sale thread in the Parts section offering to sell me two more at $250 each.  He asked for Paypal payment sent as discrete gift payment (no buyer protection) and the two pics he sent me are identical to two pics from Vito's Only The Best Firearms.  https://otbfirearms.com/stoner-63-a-bipod-n-o-s-new-old-stock/

I was original sent an invoice with no business letterhead and the appearance of English as a Second language in his emails made me suspicious.  

Attached invoice

No other stoners item

Let me have a confirmation once payment has been mailed

We also accept Paypal but discreet by gift payment

Thank you

The next email about the Paypal payment routes to a different website than paypaldotcom, its www.paypaldotme/JavienaMeans    I won't click on the actual link I bet it also hacks into regular paypal account to drain it.

I can attach the two bipod pics he sent me but they are identical to Vito's.

Edit:  Texted me direct from (727) 286-2507
IP Search of 209.85.167.180 indicates location as Mountain View, CA
Shows 4/5 reports related to this IP concern abuse, attempting to get employees to buy gift cards in the name of business owner:

I must ask,  why these  obvious repeat offenders are  not pursued  by our BATFE? 

Why must lawabiding  Citizens have to give UP our 2nd Amendment  Rights  for criminals  actions?

Edited by Born loser...in Montana

BL  WHY?  because DEEP down. NO AGENCY wants to fix the problem they were created to combat.  fixed and no more work! cut it down and NO MORE PROMOTIONS because of new hires. ALL OF THEM ARE THE SAME!  from local PD up for the same reason. one of my closest friends was an under cover DEA agent . without saying a word ,on the way to dinner one night, I took a route to show him where I had observed SEVERAL in the open crack sales. even one of the top suppliers was sitting in his ESCALADE giving bundles too the corner shits.  he got so mad at me "getting in his business" dinner was canceled and we seldom spoke afterwards. just another reason to remain vigilant and protect yourself at all costs.  

Not only that Mike but I'd venture that, instead of seeing it as the crime that it is, career gun grabbers at the ATF (not all agents of course) probably consider it a feature that scammers are taking hard earned money from potential gun buyers and making all of us more wary of buying anything sight unseen.  Anything that slows down the sales of firearms and especially those evil NFA items is a positive in their eyes.