WTS:Transferable STEYR AUG: Fleming Sear & Terry Dyer Conversion

mbell556

I bought this full AUG as an original Bill Fleming conversion, which is his steel Fleming Firearms registered sear in a converted semi-auto STEYR AUG. There is always a question of the proper full-auto rods, springs and anti-bounce weights being installed in the converted semi-auto host. With my set up the sear/pack only fits in a factory correct full-auto stock with the proper length guide rods to work with full auto bolt carrier groups. With this conversion you can get a new full-auto complete kit, put the machined cross pin in the new stock, use any A1 or A2 receiver and you are good to go . Another issue I had, the machining and timing work Fleming did on the trigger was crude. I sent the rifle to Terry Dyer and he did his conversion by placing the sear in a full-auto housing and timing a new  hammer to the sear. He made an extra hammer included in this deal. I have included pictures of the Fleming hammer and the Dyer hammer so you can see the difference. This package includes:1) an all full-auto factory stock with modified take down cross pin, 2)a registered sear in a full-auto trigger housing that can be placed into any full auto stock (the modified take down pin would need to be installed into the new full-auto stock so the stock could be used with a semi-auto receiver), 3) A machined take down pin in the stock that allows the use of any A1 or A2 semi-auto receiver, 4) An A2 receiver with removable optics 5) A 16" factory STEYR barrel 6) The upgraded roller style factory full-auto bolt carrier group with a full-auto cocking piece and proper rods, springs and weights, 7) an upgraded 3 position selector pin 7) a spare hammer machined and timed by Terry Dyer 8) a spare full-auto cocking piece and 9) 3 factory magazines(2-30 rd and 1-42 rd)

All gunsmithing work was done by Terry Dyer and all spare parts were purchased from Pete Athens. This trigger pack can be used with any factory full-auto stock and semi-auto A1 or A2 receiver by changing out the take down pin to the machined take down pin installed in the current stock. 

This registered sear is on a Form 4 in NC. Price of $34K includes the first tax to your dealer if you are out-of-state and also the shipping (CONUS) and insurance. This weapon will be shipped registered mail/fully insured. Inside NC transfers can be done directly and delivered directly. Please review the pictures and feel free to ask any questions. Thanks for looking! Mike, mbell556 on YouTube.

AUG 1 010.JPG

AUG 1 014.JPG

AUG 1 022.JPG

AUG 1 023.JPG

AUG 1 020.JPG

AUG 1 032.JPG

AUG 1 018.JPG

AUG 1 015.JPG

AUG 1 011.JPG

AUG 1 012.JPG

AUG 1 013.JPG

AUG 1 028.JPG

AUG 1 029.JPG

AUG 1 030.JPG

AUG 1 031.JPG

AUG 1 024.JPG

AUG 1 027.JPG

AUG 1 026.JPG

AUG 1 009.JPG

AUG 1 005.JPG

AUG 1 003.JPG

AUG 1 002.JPG

Edited by mbell556
  • Like 1

They are both semi-auto trigger housings. Neither of those can be placed into a full-auto stock. They sold very fast which usually indicates they were undervalued for the current market. I saw both of those. There are not a lot for sell. IMHO my set up is better than a registered receiver AUG which is an A1 and cannot be replaced. This set up can be used with any full-auto stock and with any semi-auto receiver. We'll see. Offers will be considered. The NFA market can be hard to judge for those items that are not relatively common. I by no means want to gouge on the price but I do not want to short change myself either. I put a lot of time, money and effort in setting up this AUG with the best parts and best gunsmithing available. If you are interested make an offer. This AUG set up has a pretty much indefinite life span. 

Edited by mbell556

MIKE just for fun I want to toss my 2 cents in this thread at least I am sure to stir things up for someone! last year when I asked for help with the AUG I was almost completely ignored and had to go off board to get the information I needed which was EVERTHING about the full auto conversion. during the 86 fiasco I was so busy converting and making things, I missed the AUG completely so like you, found they were all very expensive today. after the ban expired for some reason all the "preban" examples started dropping in price and it was pretty easy to find a nice semi under $2500. and I bought several to serve as "hosts" for the sear when I managed to find one. DUE to the only MAJOR fault in the design,the anti bounce carrier, I bought a package for less than half the going price. a gent bought one, endured the 18 months transfer wait and when he took it out it blew the stock apart in his face with the first magazine! he never touched it again and sold me everything including the broken stock! you CAN put a full auto pack in ANY semi AUG stock by drilling it out for the GUIDE RAILS and milling the receiver lock (slide) to fit. it takes maybe 15 minutes to complete if you cant find all the tools very fast. the ANTI BOUNCE is just 2 rods and 2 short springs and with a little heat to the guides, is a simple addition and that's it, done deal knowing how long to make the rods took a while but I managed.  your package has  the impossible to find A2 receiver which is a BIG DEAL and adds a lot of value when you consider what it would bring alone. when you must buy all the items, rather than gather them as they show up, the cost is always greater so value is as always a matter of opinion, only decided by what it will bring when offered. the system is certainly one of the most difficult to find in the trade and only time will tell. one thing is certain, I would NOT sell mine and if you remain in the trade, will regret you parted with yours if it moves on. myself, I put very little value on the MGPG . lets hope it lacks the ability to do the damage the BLUE BOOK OF GUN VALUES  did to the trade. ever wonder why EVERY example of a firearm is the same price at a gun show? not much thought need for that and most get it wrong anyway. GOOD LUCK , it will a gas to watch!  CHEERS MIKE

1 hour ago, AGG said:

Mike,

Who imported the A2 receiver, and what is the 3-letter, date code??? :)

Tony

This is a Capital Armory repair/replacement A2 receiver. I felt it was worth it to destroy the original A1 preban receiver used in the conversion so I could upgrade the rifle to the A2 configuration. I spent about $1,300 total doing this. My goal was to make this the ultimate select fire transferable AUG.

Edited by mbell556

15 hours ago, mbell556 said:

This is a Capital Armory repair/replacement A2 receiver. I felt it was worth it to destroy the original A1 preban receiver used in the conversion so I could upgrade the rifle to the A2 configuration. I spent about $1,300 total doing this. My goal was to make this the ultimate select fire transferable AUG.

Thanks for the clarification--- is there a 3-letter, date code on the receiver??? ;)

Tony

On 6/3/2019 at 3:49 PM, mbell556 said:

There is always a question of the proper full-auto rods, springs and anti-bounce weights being installed in the semi-auto stock.

I DONT UNDERSTAND HIS DESCRIPTION OF THE WORK PERFORMED. because ALL the ANTI BOUNCE parts are in the carrier ?   the ONLY REASON I CAME BACK IN THE THREAD  WAS TO MAKE SURE ITS CLEAR WHERE THE ANTI BOUNCE PARTS ARE AND THAT THEY ARE PRESENT. it only takes one look at a broken stock to see how serious this can be.  the ONLY way YOU KNOW FOR SURE ITS PRESENT, is by removing the plungers from the carrier and checking?

33 minutes ago, mike todd said:

I DONT UNDERSTAND HIS DESCRIPTION OF THE WORK PERFORMED. because ALL the ANTI BOUNCE parts are in the carrier ?   the ONLY REASON I CAME BACK IN THE THREAD  WAS TO MAKE SURE ITS CLEAR WHERE THE ANTI BOUNCE PARTS ARE AND THAT THEY ARE PRESENT. it only takes one look at a broken stock to see how serious this can be.  the ONLY way YOU KNOW FOR SURE ITS PRESENT, is by removing the plungers from the carrier and checking?

Thanks for the clarification. I edited the wording to make it clearer. I think of the stock and BCG group together, that's my mistake. I bought the full-auto AUG as a kit for this conversion. I changed the barrel to the 16" because That was more fun to shoot to me. Thanks for helping me straighten the wording out. I am an M16 guy for the most part.

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 10:39 AM, mbell556 said:

Not associated with the serial number. Would there be a mark somewhere else on the receiver?

Should be at the front, under the receiver, near the barrel release button!!! :)

Tony

On 6/7/2019 at 1:12 PM, mike todd said:

To clarify, the full-auto springs and weights are in the carrier but the guide rods are in the stock. The rods in the stock are a different length for full-auto. Mis-match the springs, weights and guide rods and you have a safety issue. Buy a full-auto stock and bolt carrier group and you know you are safe. My Idea was to set this sear up to be as safe, reliable and close to factory specs as possible. Look at the difference in the original Flemming hammer machining and the Dyer hammer in my trigger pack(the last picture in the post). It is about precision and quality which equates to reliability and safety when it comes to firearms. I don't want to drag Bill Flemming through the mud, God knows the NFA branch has done that enough, but the original conversions out there are pretty crude.

Edited by mbell556

• 2 weeks later...