The Carbine Club - New Online Forum and Membership

As one of The Carbine Club members tasked with promoting and sustaining the new format, I'm posting this in the new Sturmgewehr.com forums to cross promote with those members who may be interested in the M1 Carbine, or perhaps were members of The Carbine Club in the past.

In case you didn't know, The Carbine Club was started in 1976, and published almost 400 newsletters to its membership, up until the final printed newsletter was distributed in October 2015.  As of 2016, the official, paid membership has been suspended, and the club will continue to exist online, with regular updates in an article format that looks the same as the former newsletters.

As of January 1, 2016, the new Carbine Club forums are open.  As of this writing, there are 89 registered members, so you still have the opportunity to be one of the first hundred members.  I expect the membership number to increase rapidly as word gets around.  Here is the link:

http://www.uscarbinecal30.com/forum/forums.html

We here at Sturmgewehr.com also run a forum on Machinegunboards.com that focuses on the M2 Carbine.  You are also welcome to post there, and the forum is especially helpful to those who own NFA Carbines.  Here is the link to that forum:

http://www.machinegunboards.com/forums/index.php?showforum=17

If you have any questions about the new Carbine Club, feel free to ask here, and/or go the their new website and register.

Thanks!

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
58 minutes ago, Josey Wales said:

If you can justify a separate "club" for .30 carbine, I'm pretty sure the numbers exist to do the same with H&K. Just don't get caught up in all the folks wanting their separate fiefdom within it. Keep It Simple.

Josey Wales,

Did you visit the Carbine Club link that I posted?  It's a separate website from this one, and is not associated with Sturm.  

This should not be confused with the poll I submitted about potentially creating an HK Market Board here on Sturm.

I am not aware of an HK collector's organization, but perhaps one exists.  If they do exist, they are not active in NRA gun collector circles.

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

• 2 weeks later...