Thank you to all veterans on your day of honor..

Today has special significance for me, but actually should be just as important to all American Patriots. I salute all who have paid the ultimate price and especially their families, those that have been wounded in defense of liberty and those who were lucky enough to serve and come home unharmed. Thank you.

My stepdad Commander A.E. Church Jr.was a decorated Navy Commander, who served very honorably in Viet Nam, blazed engineering and building trails in Antarctica. He was a guiding star in my life and the only father I ever knew. I can never repay him for what he did for me while in life. I still the reap the benefits of his knowledge,wisdom and service years after his passing.

The best I can do is remember and honor him on days like today since he is no longer with us.

Think of a veteran when you do ANYTHING you enjoy in this great country. If it was not for them you might be speaking German, Russian , working in a concentration camp or worse.

God and country.

I'm proud to be an American, and you should be too!!

Thank you again brave members of our Armed Forces.

R.L.

• Like 1