Colt Thompson's – Buying or Selling

TD.

Are you in the market for Thompson submachine gun manufactured by Colt’s Patent Fire Arms Manufacturing Company in 1921 and 1922? Do you have the expertise to properly evaluate what has become a very expensive collector firearm? Would you like to have some inexpensive help inspecting that Colt’s? Finally, a book that is geared especially toward those who want to learn about the Colt’s Thompson gun from a buyer perspective:

An Amateur’s Guide for the Colt’s Thompson Submachine Gun

(Or How to be an Informed Buyer in a Very Expensive Market)

This new reference book by Tom Davis, Jr.  is the perfect guide for those new to the very expensive world of the Colt's Thompson guns. It can easily save a novice collector thousands of dollars when looking to purchase that perfect Colt's Thompson submachine gun. The book covers:

(1) What to look for and avoid when shopping for a Colt's.

(2) Each Auto-Ordnance model explained in pictures with detailed information.

(3) How to identify an original Colt's era actuator, including the three original NAVY actuator variations.

(4) The St. Louis Police Department Colt's story, including the gangster guns and Models of 1927.

(5) How to safely shoot an original Colt's Thompson without devaluing it.

(6) How to clean and properly refinish the Colt's wood.

(7) How to identify an original Spare Part Kit Container.

(8) And much more information that will greatly aid the novice and educate many current owners about General Thompson's trench broom.

The book is filled with numerous color photographs and expansive captions that will teach the Thompson enthusiasts the many important features of a Colt's Thompson. While geared toward the beginner or new enthusiast, current Colt's owners and advanced collectors will find a lot of valuable and heretofore unknown and unpublished information.

In addition, dealers that do not specialize in the Thompson guns will be better able to accurately describe Colt’s for sale. And correctly evaluate Thompson guns offered for trade or direct sale. 

This is a must book for the Thompson enthusiast's library!

This new publication is available immediately on Amazon.com at a list price of $49.99 Use the Amazon website “Look Inside” feature to review a few pages and see if this book contains the information you need before making a very expensive purchase decision.  

Personalized copies can be purchased directly from the author at a Sturmgewehr special price of $40 plus $4.00 shipping in the continental United States. Contact Tom Davis, Jr. at tkd5501@fuse.net for purchase information. 

Other books by Tom Davis, Jr. - Great Britain - The Tommy Gun Story

Cover - MASTER 31MAR2019 crop.jpg

• Like 3

I have this book and I can say without a shadow of a doubt both the newbie and the enthusiast will glean 

plenty of knowledge from this work. I only wish I had it before I made purchases. It will inform you as well as

save you from  mistakes that can really cost you.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I really appreciate all the kind remarks and comments I have received about my new book.  Thank you!!!

• 1 month later...

Highly recommend this book! Both my Father and I each purchased a copy to learn more about what to look for in purchasing a Colt TSMG, since it has always been his dream gun. 

Armed with all this knowledge, he was able to confidently purchase a Colt 1928 Navy at Ohio Colt Collectors. 

Even if you're not in the market for one, fantastic book to read and learn. 

• 4 weeks later...

Ian McCollum posted a review of my book, An Amateur's Guide for the Colt's Thompson Submachine Gun, on his website, ForgottenWeapons.com. Aside from Ian's comments, he thumbs through the pages of the book providing a great inside look. 

https://www.forgottenweapons.com/book-review-amateurs-guide-to-the-colts-thompson-smg/

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

If your in need of a Christmas present for that Thompson enthusiast who seems to have everything, give the gift that keeps on giving for many years - An Amateur's Guide for the Colt's Thompson Submachine Gun! Available at Amazon.com and will reach you by Christmas if you act fast.

If an Amateur's Guide... is already in your library, you may want to check out my first book, Great Britain - The Tommy Gun Story. Also available on Amazon.com with a look inside feature that allows you to review a few pages. 

Have a wonderful holiday season. And don't forget that C drum dump to bring in the New Year! 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The book has been well received in the Thompson community. And I am very grateful for the nice comments.

Personalized copies are still available at $44 including shipping. See the first post for ordering information.

TD.

• 1 year later...

It has been over a year since this thread has been to the top of the Board. I would assume there are a few new buyers and collectors in the market as I have noticed several Colt's for sale during that period. If you are seriously interested in a Colt Thompson, this is the book for you. Comments have been very positive and I know it has helped with the evaluation of many Colt's since published. If interested, I would encourage you to view Ian McCollum's review on his website, ForgottenWeapons.com. The link is posted above.    

See the first thread for ordering information.  

• 2 years later...

I have had several inquiries for this this book, so I am bringing it back to the top. There is now a hardcover version available directly from me for $50 plus $4 shipping (retail price at Amazon.com is $59.99). Contact me at tkd5501@fuse.net for questions or ordering information. I am always available to talk Thompson!