Thumpy

Next mg

Location:

23 posts in this topic

Hey fellas got my stamp back for the ac556 a few weeks back and wellllll I’m hooked on full auto so I’m starting to look around a little bit more serious I have about 10k ish extra cash Ik in the mg world that’s not much but I’m still a kid (only 22) lol so was wondering what would be a fun gun?  I’m thinking a sub gun because lol that first day of having the ac556 made me realize I can not afford to shoot this gun every week haha. I’m thinking a mac11 mk760 Riesing or anything you all may thing would be better? Witch one do you think has the best bang for your buck enjoyment? thanks for all your guys knowledge and advice in advanced!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it depends on what you want to do with it.  If you are just looking to shoot, a MAC is fine.  They’re very customizable too, so you can have a lot of fun with them that way.  No shortage of parts other.  If you’re more historically inclined, a Reising is fine choice.  They were Marine Corps guns in the Pacific during WWII as you may know already.  That was my first MG and despite their reputation, I thought it was a great SMG if you maintain it.   Parts are not quite as plentiful, but they are out there.  Magazines are pretty expensive too.  You might also be able to find a STEN tube gun for around 10K as another option.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

when choosing a gun to shoot , forget ammo cost and focus on the 2nd MOST IMPORTANT thing, FEEDING IT RELIABLY! if all the mags out there are JUNK you are not going to be happy! I believe the RIESING 50 , to be one of the BEST BUYS in the field. its always been one of my favorites, they all work and while not cheep the MAGS ARE GOOD. most guys gripe about the capacity but 20 rounds flawless is 100 times better than 32 sometimes.  I put the POWDER SPRINGS and RPB- MAC-10 in .45 right beside it in rank and again because THE MAGS ARE GOOD AND EASY TO GET. lots of folks have the M-11/9 but 90% of the mags out there are TOTAL JUNK. I hear of a few metal converted mags out there but they wont share that info with ME . in 9mm the BERETTA 38  or 38/42 is a good but hard to find piece and prices are close to an UZI these days. MY FIRST CHOICE in a 9mm would be a REGISTERED RECEIVER converted IMI UZI. cost is more but parts are CHEAP and so are the MAGS. beware of the registered bolts and UNPROVEN GROUP GUNS ! getting a refund after the transfer IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. while there are many claim to be happy user's out there , I know of more examples that just wont run even after many EXPERTS have done the deed.

1 person likes this

I only accept postal money orders. contact me DIRECTLY before sending any funds                                           email  myoldiron@outlook.com        

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree with Mike. Best sub gun bang for the buck with easy access to high quality magazines would be the PS M10 in 45ACP with a Lage upper. Prices are very favorable right now, and there a good number available. Some already have a good selection of accessories for a very fair price. I love my M11/9, with a Gen 1 Lage upper, Aimpoint CompM1 & mini-Uzi folding stock, but it uses STEn Mags, which are cheap  -- and I've had exceptional luck with them. KIK - see below

I also like the full size RR Uzi, but unless you are buying a Vector/Group gun, know EXACTLY what you are getting and how - and to what extent - it was converted.  Can you say "blocking bar"??  Recommend you just say "no" to a bolt gun......but you can move it around...... KIK-see below

For a few more bucks you could look at an Erb or Wilson tube-gun MP40, or earlier German MP35, MP18, Lanchester, Sterling, STEn, etc....but these and most other like-guns are "one trick ponies."  Just picked-up a nice Erb MKIV Sterling at the Creek, for a reasonable price. My second, as I want to convert one to a MK5. Sterlings are another well-liked gun, and somewhat unique with their Sunkorite "crinkle" paint, folding stock and side-loading mag.  Here again, price varies depending on pedigree and details.  Sterling Mags are outstanding. Never, if ever,  have I had a feed problem..... KIK- see below

Finally, you could also save your cash, and eventually get a HK sear or trigger box, but then you'd go broke joining the ranks of us "host whores", as HH puts it..... who must have every barrel length in all three calibers. MP5, MP5K, MP5-RS, HK53, HK33K, HK51, G3K, etc.....  But, the basic MP5, HK or clone, .....with a happy switch....puts a smile on everybody's face !!

Make good, well-thought-out choices, based on your research. KIK - Knowledge is King.  Ted

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would have to say that if you want a "modern" SMG then you can not go wrong with a Powder Springs Mac10/45. They are great guns. In fact, my one time at the Creek, I shot an MG42, an MP5k, an MP5A3 and a Powder Springs Mac10/45 fully suppressed and the Mac was my favorite gun. Another good choice is the Smith and Wesson 76 but it may be a bit more than what you want to spend. DO NOT buy an MK760. They are total junk. Ask me how I know. If you want to go "classic" then you should look for a nice Beretta 38/42 or 44. Again, this may be a bit more than what you want to spend but it will be worth it. One other great choice is the MP40 by either Erb or Wilson. I have owned an Erb and they are great guns and have shot a Wilson and they are also great. Again, you may have to save a bit more but you will not be disappointed. Well, I hope this helps. Take care, Schmeisser Guy

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you fellas for the reply’s I ended up going with a mac10a1 in 9mm today test fired it I feel like it was a good buy thanks again fellas !

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

19 hours ago, Thumpy said:

Thank you fellas for the reply’s I ended up going with a mac10a1 in 9mm today test fired it I feel like it was a good buy thanks again fellas !

Now the most important question: what's next on your list? :D

Congrats on the new addition to the "family". 

Edited by MontanaRenegade86

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Swedish K

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/21/2019 at 4:52 PM, MontanaRenegade86 said:

Now the most important question: what's next on your list? :D

Congrats on the new addition to the "family". 

Haha thanks man!!! And yup the family is going to continue to grow! Haha I’m thinking about adding a reising next because they can still be bought cheap. And I’m kinda planning on trying to buy all the cheaper mgs first befor I start chasing down the big boy ones I’m still on a kids budget haha. I’m open for suggestions on what you think my next one should be tho!?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Thumpy said:

I’m open for suggestions on what you think my next one should be tho!?

Honestly, I don't think you can go wrong with any kind of full auto.

All of mine were bought because they were in the "bargain bin" and I have enjoyed them all.

Of all of my machine-guns, the M2 Carbine is my favorite. I love that damn thing. 

-KH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

THUMPY, I HAVE HAD A  MODEL 50 REISING SINCE DAY ONE,  owned several and NEVER had a problem of any kind other than sending a few muzzle breaks down range. and yes there are a few out there that can still be bought very reasonable, but those days are going fast. several examples at the last ROCK ISLAND auction hammered so close with the buyers premium they broke $10,000.00 . in the past they have been way under valued in my opinion and everyone that has shot one much, seems to agree.


I only accept postal money orders. contact me DIRECTLY before sending any funds                                           email  myoldiron@outlook.com        

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, mike todd said:

THUMPY, I HAVE HAD A  MODEL 50 REISING SINCE DAY ONE,  owned several and NEVER had a problem of any kind other than sending a few muzzle breaks down range. and yes there are a few out there that can still be bought very reasonable, but those days are going fast. several examples at the last ROCK ISLAND auction hammered so close with the buyers premium they broke $10,000.00 . in the past they have been way under valued in my opinion and everyone that has shot one much, seems to agree.

O shoot 10k ??? For a reising !!!??? welp looks like I may be buying one in a few months knowing that I was just told When I went to test fire the mac10 he’d take 5 for one that was there welp looks like I need to hurry up and grab it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, MontanaRenegade86 said:

Honestly, I don't think you can go wrong with any kind of full auto.

All of mine were bought because they were in the "bargain bin" and I have enjoyed them all.

Of all of my machine-guns, the M2 Carbine is my favorite. I love that damn thing. 

-KH

The m2 are defff on my radar allways like the way the m1 shot rn m2s are around that 9,000- to 12ish asking price? Or am I wrong?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After the Reising, I'd say Sten or Thompson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If there is anyway you can muster up enough for an HK Sear I think that would be the way to go. I think the Mac's are cool(My brother just bought 2). I think if nothing happens they are really below the cost they will be in a couple years. Gook luck and if its a MG you are living in a very small group of people as im sure 95% of the population has no idea you can and how you can own one. I feel really privileged to own the few I have. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Ditto that. HK Sear or trigger box is the penultimate multi-use MG tool. Right there with the M16 RDIAS

I feel privileged as well to own these items, but honestly - I've stopped trying to explain this to others unless they specifically ask. 

But with that ownership comes a tremendous responsibility for safety, and security of your arms. One bad egg could send us all down the crapper....... 

Edited by MGTedFL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Thumpy said:

The m2 are defff on my radar allways like the way the m1 shot rn m2s are around that 9,000- to 12ish asking price? Or am I wrong?

Sounds about right.

With a registered M2 kit you can move it around from host to host. Pretty cool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, tobrooks said:

If there is anyway you can muster up enough for an HK Sear I think that would be the way to go. I think the Mac's are cool(My brother just bought 2). I think if nothing happens they are really below the cost they will be in a couple years. Gook luck and if its a MG you are living in a very small group of people as im sure 95% of the population has no idea you can and how you can own one. I feel really privileged to own the few I have. 

Man I would love a hk sear or a dias... but I’m on a kids budget lol I turn 23 in 2 days on the 28th. one day I’ll have that kinda money rn tho I’m figuring buy all the cheap-cheaper ones I can buy them in 10 years I can trade up I my self save about 16k a year pretty easy... I’d love to have a dias or a hk sear but it would take me 3-4 years to save for it vs buying 1-2 low end mgs a year for the next 3-4 years... in the long run I think the lower end mgs now will have a higher increase in price then I do hk sears... I could completely be wrong but if trump wins 2020 I can see the mg prices dropping a little bit I’ve allready noticed m16s kinda dipping... but idk I haven’t been around long enuff to really bet like that... nor am I buying mgs as a investment I buy them to shoot... if they go up in value cool if they don’t cool doesn’t matter I just like shooting guns. I wish I had that kinda money to play with one day I hope.... I feel like I was born like 10-20-30-40-50-60-70 years to late......to really be able to enjoy are 2nd amendment to the fullest

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Thumpy said:

...one day I’ll have that kinda money rn tho I’m figuring buy all the cheap-cheaper ones I can buy them in 10 years I can trade up I my self save about 16k a year pretty easy... I’d love to have a dias or a hk sear but it would take me 3-4 years to save for it vs buying 1-2 low end mgs a year for the next 3-4 years...

Pretty much my outlook as well. I can either dream about an M16 or have an AC556. 

For me, it's all about the right deal at the right time. I don't want to miss an opportunity to get another machine gun, even if it is not on my list to get. 

Operated this way since 2012. Haven't been disappointed yet. :D

-KH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/27/2019 at 3:37 PM, MontanaRenegade86 said:

Pretty much my outlook as well. I can either dream about an M16 or have an AC556. 

For me, it's all about the right deal at the right time. I don't want to miss an opportunity to get another machine gun, even if it is not on my list to get. 

Operated this way since 2012. Haven't been disappointed yet. :D

-KH

Yes sir! And let me tell ya I don’t think you can go wrong with the ac556 I love mine! If you ever are in Missouri or passing trew let me know let you get some trigger time on one old boy.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

THUMPY , when I pointed out the rock isl results, that didn't mean there are not still some fantastic REISINGS out there for much less.  the auction results are just a "forecast" of what you can expect to see all over the market in the future .  many auction buyers do so in order to remain low key and unknown . then you have some buyers that cant control their EGO or want to prove a point . I consider myself a knowledgeable buyer but if I WANT something will do whatever it takes at times.  by the way there was one of the nicest mod-50 REISINGS I have seen in many years just offered here on sturm in NEVADA for a fantastic price. you might take a look.


I only accept postal money orders. contact me DIRECTLY before sending any funds                                           email  myoldiron@outlook.com        

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, mike todd said:

THUMPY , when I pointed out the rock isl results, that didn't mean there are not still some fantastic REISINGS out there for much less.  the auction results are just a "forecast" of what you can expect to see all over the market in the future .  many auction buyers do so in order to remain low key and unknown . then you have some buyers that cant control their EGO or want to prove a point . I consider myself a knowledgeable buyer but if I WANT something will do whatever it takes at times.  by the way there was one of the nicest mod-50 REISINGS I have seen in many years just offered here on sturm in NEVADA for a fantastic price. you might take a look.

Thank you mike for clarifying that I’m not  familer with how auctions houses pricing works that just is wild that something at auction would go for pretty much double of asking price ? Do auction houses not revile the sellers Identity? How’s that exactly work on the forms? Or how’s that work? And thank you for pointing that reising out I’ll have to take a look at it. Rn isn’t the best time of year for me lotta my money is tied up in my seasonal business it’s more of a hobby business then anything but I’ll definentaly take a peak at it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would a full auto Thompson in 22lr sound good? I had a buyer interested but haven't heard anything from in a couple months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now