WTS: RAMO M2HB; 1928 Arg. kits; 1917A1 reg. plat

BRMCII

RAMO built M2HB.50BMG; exc/new condition; 99% park; exc. tripod, T+E; some spares inc. and some spares at extra cost $30k/offers

(2) 1928 COLT ARG. CONTRACT WC BMG kits; marked 7.65mm; optic mount; complete; not matching numbers; very good condition; excellent bores; excellent jackets; $2000 each/offers

(2) 1917A1 DLO registered side plates; ready to build; $13.5k each/offers

(1) Reising; .45; C+R; Numrich Military build on commercial numbered receiver; excellent wood; all correct military parts; 99% park; mag; tested $5200 each

Further info and pics on request: MGs out on taxed F4s from NFA savvy owner; buyer pays tax, SH+I

Edited by BRMCII

2 hours ago, johnsonlmg41 said:

Seriously?   Pony up some cash if you want to post an ad.  This is at least your second free ad, cough up $15 at a minimum just to be courteous.

Riddle me this, how can the marlin BAR be correct with a replacement barrel?

You again? Don't you have some laundry or bowling to do? Nobody asked for cash at the door…. I did add a few things to the BAR listing above. The barrel is a 1918 configuration with the short breech profile so appears to me to be original. I don't know what date the markings were applied but assume for WWII Lend-Lease. Marlin first began BAR production for sales to Britain but I don't know how these barrels were marked from the factory at that time if marked at all. What do you have on this question?

Bowling leagues are about over for summer break, and I've never done a load of laundry...ever, for the record.  Fixed a lot of machines though and chicks dig that. 

All the original 1918 pattern guns had the same barrels, but marked with the mfr and date at the end near the front sight.  Lots of missing and cut flash hiders make them appear shorter at times?  If it's cut, the front sight would have to be redone.  Possible, but unusual.....and I'm no BAR expert.  Mine has British proof marks at the rear, as well as the original markings in front, and other than some contour differences, that is what I've seen over the years.  Maybe it's an A2 barrel?

Well, saint's be praised, your queries have been productive! I neglected to look at the muzzle end of the barrel on the Marlin and there're all the correct stamps with date of 7 18, etc, so this Marlin seems to have taken the same or similar path to your Marlin.