Italian Double hammered shotgun

MEW

I am brokering this for a friend who's father was an Air Force officer stationed in Italy in the 70's. 1LT Frank Dillinger returned home to Colorado Jun 4 1973 bringing home this Shotgun through the military process known as Firearms Retention Authorization(FRA) There are no import marks obviously and this obscure maker is no longer in business afaik. I have the official FRA from the Air Force and it is a very nice near perfect condition proof of the shotguns provenance.

The story goes these were made for many military personnel and customized to their specs. from basic to ultra fancy. According to an expert I contacted he believes this is a base model and has Germanic modernistic engraving with a standard wood, nothing fancy.

This shotgun is in perfect, unused condition and has no appreciable marks or blemishes except 1 3mm smudge in the bluing on the barrel. The wood is perfect as is the receiver, the action is super tight and had never been assembled until I received it from my friend for purposes of selling. It has been cleaned and oiled lightly. It appears to have never been fired. It was given to me in the box.

Although not proven I believe this makers name was Giuseppe Di Pirlo. The shotgun has 28" barrels, the markings on it are; PSF XX7 01456 finito Armeria SG.

I do know from the limited information these were made in Val Trompia Italy in the town of San Georgio.

I have lots of pictures and can take specific views of whatever you need if you are interested. The only negative if you like Italian doubles is Lt. Dillinger had Frank ingraved in gold on the trigger guard, so if your name is Frank, or you want to name your shotgun "Frank" this is for you!! Contact me for info or more pics. $2000 shipped insured to your FFL.

0cd277b3-184d-498d-8def-39cacc8ef566-ori
272a1ff4-545b-414b-ad4f-0046acf4641e-ori
e18c5403-0ebe-406c-993e-006a9da33004-ori
Edited by MEW

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...