1919A 8mm conversion kit?

c_monster

jeff, all you need is a barrel and the front ctg spacer.  Aaron, well known on this board has the barrels, you can reach him at beltfeds.com for that. you can either grind down a .308 spacer or make a simple one that just wedges in out of bulk steel. you put a taper on the first end to go in that fits between the trunnion and the 1/4" round pin . grind the rest down so the bullet has the same clearance your .308 had.  its very simple. I may have some spacers and will check if you will drop me a direct email I will see it and remember =  myoldiron@outlook.com   that spacer is no challenge with simple tools.  ACTUALLY, I was the first to make and market the conversion way back in the early 60's so we could shoot up all that cheep WWII german ammo.  since then I have made and used conversions in..22lr, 38spl, 7.62x39, 7.62x54, 8x56r , 5.45x39, 7x57, 8x57 and .410 shotgun. the ONLY challenge was the links. altering.30 links was very time consuming and a pain. is you gun full or semi? I may have both conversions complete in 7.62x54 if so the price would be GREAT!  good luck! mike

PETE, THANK YOU SIR! actually it was quite easy when you think about it, it's just a matter of simple physic's the real challenge was the links or belts. all I could do is sew the pockets tighter , or open them up. metal links could be bent using a pencil torch for exact heat location.there plenty of surplus .22 cloth Brng belts back then. on the lower recoil calibers the barrel was turned very thin at first, then I just copied the COLT .22 1911 concept with the "floating chamber" to get enough impulse. 38 spl came about because of the cost possible at the time .22 lr averaged about $ 0,70 per 50 rnds but no noise or major impact down range. the 38's cost me about $0.90 per 50 rnds using cast bullets and red dot and did a good job with noise and impact reaction. of course I could always increase it to .357 mag for more. you should have seen the reaction to the line when the full auto .410  w/ 00B went after the RC planes at the shoot!

• 2 weeks later...

I found all the pieces needed to put together one of the Gubbermint 22lr trainer kits about 10 years ago. Made up 2 belts, one cloth and one linked...100 rounds each. Needed some advice from Dolf to get it running smoothly. Apparently there are about dozen different springs for the 22 kits. I found 6 and 2 work really well with one being a bit faster. Very reliable...for about 500 rounds. Then there's a mandatory clean up that must be performed. 

My DLO gun has 308, 30-06, 7.65 Argentine, 7mm, 8mm, 7.62x54r, 7.62x39 and the 22 setups.  Also have a bunch of spare barrel s that I'll never use and should probably put up an ad.

in early 1969 CURT won a bid from the KALIFA dept of corrections that included 3 commercial water cooled brownings. I got one at cost but the $400 plus was still hard to come up with. I put an add in the PHX PAPER  want adds, "WANT TO SHOOT A MACHINE GUN? and offered rentals for 10 diff weapons 4 or 5 week ends .all the fees going to CURT except I set my W/C up in .22lr  and it was continually busy on the line. 95% young kids and I made enough to pay for it and British Portive.