WTS C+R BREDA 30 7X57 NICE !

mike todd

DOLPH GOLDSMITH SOLD THIS LONG AGO AS A REG'TD DEWAT.  PAT TOMLINSON IN AZ, BROUGHT IT BACK TO LIFE AND ITS STILL A C-R.  it was an old dewat  with little done. the barrel was plugged, the fermature tacked to the trunnion and the barrel release was welded closed. so the receiver was not harmed in any fashion. the old barrel lock / Fermature was replaced and the tack weld inside the trunnion was polished.  TYPICALLY THESE HAVE A BAD RAP  AND THEY NEEDED A CASE OILER TO RUN BECAUSE THE DESIGN LACKS ANY PRIMARY EXTRACTION.THAT WOULD NOT APPLY TO THE 7X57 CALIBER GUNS!  UNLIKE THE CARCANO ROUND THE 7MM HAS ENOUGH TAPER TO FUNCTION WITHOUT THE OILER AND THEY WERE OMITTED. this gun is VERY PRESENTABLE with a strong original finish, no evidence of rust or pitting and has a unique "curb appeal" that gets a lot of attention when out. they are a marvel of machine work never to be seen again and examples of this work is very rare at the price level. the wood has typical dents but no MAJOR DAMAGE with the normal dark oil stains after more than 80 years in the grease etc . its on a form 4 in TEXAS buyer pays all fee's, 1/2 down ok with bal on approval. price is $9500. 

IMG_0089 (1).JPG

IMG_0091 (1).JPG

IMG_0094.JPG

IMG_0090.JPG

DAVID < SORRY TO BE SO LATE , illness launched a new offensive . I was at DR's all day today. ENOUGH EXCUSSES !  I moved to TEXAS in 2010, it took 2 years to get all my collection/ hoard packed and moved. all my friends helped pack and load it in PHX and things were VERY mixed up. I gave EVERYTHING I own but my pants and pickup too the Gent here. since then I have been sorting, checking function etc on what will stay. there are many duplicates and odd examples that wont work for him and that's being sold, with ALL the money going to him also. there are 2 BREDA 30's from that contract in 7x57  both serial no's under 40. I know one is 27 and the other is I think 34 but I cant remember what is what. this gun has been too far down the list to fire yet. In the 70's, DOLPH sent it too PAT to rewat and the reason it got sold is they could not find a FERMATURE. I had one and some brls so I bought it. back in the 60's at a MARANA shoot I put more than 4000 rnds thru one without a stich. ALL the ODD designs attracted me and I bought  as many as I could find . I also have several South American 7x57 HOTCHKISS GUNS that will be sold.  NORMALLY I would never sell a firearm not knowing what it will do, but the way this gun was done, IT all remained intact except the FERM so I have no fear. its the same as it left the factory.  EVEN the BOLT is still matching it was not touched. the only parts changed were the FERMATURE, BARREL, and BARREL LATCH.  I just got in from the vault  and I still have not located a barrel. the rack has more than 900 and its hard to do. there are 47 MG's in front of it. I bought that transferable FN -240 from MANNY and a new MAREMONT in FEB this year and decided to list guns I KNOW we wont keep to help recover. in 2018, two BREDA-30's in carcano cal with bad rewelded 3 cut receivers they stated would NOT run sold for more than $9000 on GUNBROKER is how I came up with the price. hate to be so long winded , but a simple yes or no would not have given the gun any justice.  its all the truth and how it is. I hope it helped answer your questions CHEERS MIKE

DAVID < SORRY TO BE SO LATE , illness launched a new offensive . I was at DR's all day today. ENOUGH EXCUSSES !  I moved to TEXAS in 2010, it took 2 years to get all my collection/ hoard packed and moved. all my friends helped pack and load it in PHX and things were VERY mixed up. I gave EVERYTHING I own but my pants and pickup too the Gent here. since then I have been sorting, checking function etc on what will stay. there are many duplicates and odd examples that wont work for him and that's being sold, with ALL the money going to him also. there are 2 BREDA 30's from that contract in 7x57  both serial no's under 40. I know one is 27 and the other is I think 34 but I cant remember what is what. this gun has been too far down the list to fire yet. In the 70's, DOLPH sent it too PAT to rewat and the reason it got sold is they could not find a FERMATURE. I had one and some brls so I bought it. back in the 60's at a MARANA shoot I put more than 4000 rnds thru one without a stich. ALL the ODD designs attracted me and I bought  as many as I could find . I also have several South American 7x57 HOTCHKISS GUNS that will be sold.  NORMALLY I would never sell a firearm not knowing what it will do, but the way this gun was done, IT all remained intact except the FERM so I have no fear. its the same as it left the factory.  EVEN the BOLT is still matching it was not touched. the only parts changed were the FERMATURE, BARREL, and BARREL LATCH.  I just got in from the vault  and I still have not located a barrel. the rack has more than 900 and its hard to do. there are 47 MG's in front of it. I bought that transferable FN -240 from MANNY and a new MAREMONT in FEB this year and decided to list guns I KNOW we wont keep to help recover. in 2018, two BREDA-30's in carcano cal with bad rewelded 3 cut receivers they stated would NOT run sold for more than $9000 on GUNBROKER is how I came up with the price. hate to be so long winded , but a simple yes or no would not have given the gun any justice.  its all the truth and how it is. I hope it helped answer your questions CHEERS MIKE