Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
julian

Suomi coffin mags jamming on last 3 rounds

5 posts in this topic

Have 2 suomi coffin mags that jam very often while feeding the last 3 rounds

As the follower changes direction as the mag gets narrower,the round jams between the follower and the side of the magazine

Did disassembled and cleaned the magazines

Using them on a M11 lage

Thanks

Julian in Orlando

JULIAN, you mentioned they were in a M11 w a LAG conversion. if the speed is over 600 rpm I would suspect that's the reason , there may be a slight amount of roughness not present in others that you could polish out.

I only accept postal money orders. contact me DIRECTLY before sending any funds                                           email  myoldiron@outlook.com        

Over on uzitalk.com there is a MAC forum which includes a thread regarding newly-made springs for the coffin mags (Suomi coffin mags 2.0).  Apparently there is a drive on to make another batch of new springs for these interesting magazines and it might be worth your while to get in on it.  It is very common to have problems with the last round or two (or three) in a magazine if the magazine spring(s) are weak.

Thank you guys

Appreciate the input and will check it out

JULIAN, GREAT ADVISE ABOVE! its always a good idea to have all the spares you can afford, and more important when these spl runs show up. I never had an issue with one as long as the lips were good. I smooth bored several swede k barrels using them with that killer steel bullet CZECH 9mm !

I only accept postal money orders. contact me DIRECTLY before sending any funds                                           email  myoldiron@outlook.com