WTK How to delete posts?

rckellner11

Robert:

Only Mods and Admins have the power to Delete or "Lock" Ads. Primarily because Scammers would be able to protect their Ads from Negative feedback and warnings… Also allows people to see what various items have sold for and to review the history of recent transactions on Sturm.

• Like 1

What about the General and Semi forums board?  I haven't tried, but can an opinion or remark be deleted?  Some times in the heat of the moment things get said and posted, which when one wakes up the next morning, they think maybe it wasn't such a good idea, because big brother in NSA is surfing the net all the time.

5 hours ago, Khrut27Gg said:

What about the General and Semi forums board?  I haven't tried, but can an opinion or remark be deleted?  Some times in the heat of the moment things get said and posted, which when one wakes up the next morning, they think maybe it wasn't such a good idea, because big brother in NSA is surfing the net all the time.

In that case, I'd just ask that One of the Mods or Admins Delete the unfortunate comment. I don't think that would be a huge deal.

7 hours ago, Khrut27Gg said:

Use the edit function and say something nice instead? Just a thought.

• Like 2

Ok, thanks David.  Another question I have;  Is there a way to post a photo of a firearm that I want to sell, without uploading it to a web link?  I like the way Facebook let's you post pictures from the computer.  Here,  I have tried to click and drag, copy and paste, nothing works.  That was one of the things about the old Sturm that I never cared for, because it adds redundancy creating a url link, and any tampering or changes to the link, deletes the photo in the add here.  Those free photo post sites have a ton of bloat ware.  Now for some real whining.  I wish the reply box had spell check.:D

I know you have had years to think this update all thru for the new Sturm, and I'm also interested to see the board do well, and be around for a long time, and I am not suggesting changes, just curious.  Thanks.

55 minutes ago, Buddy H said:

You could also just reword/edit into a totally new ad ...... If you didn't post a photo in the original ad.

2 hours ago, aalbert said:

When the various membership levels are announced, there will be a non-commercial level that allows for uploading/hosting images directly to the site, negating the need to host them elsewhere.

Thanks David, I'll be looking forward to that announcement.