WTN :Opinion on MP 40 Kit

Steve K in Tn

Thinking about listing a all numbers matching saw cut German MP 40 SMG kit with all of reciever cut in 3 pieces and barrel cut about 3 inches from end , and mashed original magazine, bolt handle cut off and recoil spring assy trashed , some cuts in the bakelite ,  It is  very nice kit , grips , bakelite look mint , early demil obviously a very nice piece of history , investment etc. thinking about listing in the $ 2800 neighborhood , thoughts ?

maybe it would be better if you isted what has not been butchered . it sounds like the hit it ALL if so where is the value?  the only thing you did not mention is the bolt and recoil assembly or the stock  in the past year I have seen a couple 80% + saw cut kits just under $5k and they didn't sell.

STEVE, I DID  and your pics were GREAT!  sadly my first thoughts still apply . for MOST folks the value would be governed by what is usable. as it is it certainly has value as an example of the insanity  and TOTAL lack of concern for the history of these priceless artifacts. If I  owned and displayed it, I would put a chopped up set of high grade golf clubs right next to it. SHAME ON THEM!!!!!!!!