FLAKE ALERT STEPHAN MORGAN

mike todd

GUYS I HAVE NOT DONE THIS BEFORE SO IF I USE THE WRONG PLACE OR SAY THE WRONG THING< PLEASE SET ME STRAIGHT.! a board member that calls himself SAMORGAN posted a want to buy for BRITISH BROWNING aaircraft mach gun parts. I watched his posts for a LONG TIME and felt bad about the struggle he was enduring. after a few personal emails  I decided to help him.  I bought all the clean up of kits from LANDIES and got a fantastic deal . made good money and built some guns. a full kit is worth at least $1800.00 today and it wont have everything I had. we agreed on a price WAY below that , it was during the holidays and I remember how tight funds were at that time when I was young so I offered to ship the kit with a small deposit and he could make payments .I waited a few weeks after the new year and then sent him a note and asked what he thought about the parts. he wont answer ANY emails. I know it was stupid but its not the first time I gave something away but it is the first time I helped someone and they completely ignored me after words.  so if he hangs around the board, BEWARE OF HIS MORALITY and don't get yourself in trouble. 

THANX BUDDY, I see that and understand your post now. I thought you might have been trying to give me a subtle spanking for my post at first. yes I realize he has not posted since nov. I responded to that post in a moment of weakness after seeing his many fruitless previous posts and offered to help him in DEC. he instantly answered all my emails after that like a good con man would. I received his down payment the 1st week of JAN 2019 and shipped him the kit. I waited a week after it should have landed and then sent him a note to see if he was happy and got no response. since then I have sent 8 more with zero response. SO I WILL TAKE MY MEDICINE and do my BEST to keep my positive attitude. in the past, I have shipped several items too board members before payment landed and will continue on a select basis lets see how the future works out.  CHEERS mike

• 2 weeks later...

Trust, integrity, honor. Lost  attributes these days Mike. I just discovered my own post sale scam "incident", just today. It wasn't a total financial scam, I didn't lose as much $$$ as you did Mike, but effectively I lost $1000 trying to do someone I didn't even know a favor. Just like you tried to do, but got screwed.

Somebody, who as it turns out made up a b.s. story to get an item I had at a substantially lower price. A total fabrication, a HUGE LIE.. unbeknownst to me. 

You take people at their word..until they prove otherwise. I guess that's a mistake today.

When I started in this hobby I met a lot of people, good people, solid people. Pioneers in this hobby. Guys like Bob Landies, Kent Lamont(bless his soul) Bob Naess, AMA Frank, Hank Kaminski ,Doug and Linda Offinger just to name a few. These are people from a particular time when your word was your bond, and trust was 100%. Deals were made with a handshake or a telephone call. No credit card hold, no down payment initially. Your word was your down payment.

Good faith business is a rare thing these days. It's kinda' become a screw you and hurrah for me market. What a shame that some have taken advantage of this trust.

I'm not sure how old you are but I'm 65. God knows how I made it this far but along the way I've had some very close encounters with death, and still am dealing with some. Incidents like this change you as a person, making you appreciate things you may have taken for granted before your near death experiences. You feel the need to give back to others.That's how I roll now.

Helping strangers in this hobby who ask for help, like the ones who helped me, asking nothing in return seemed like the right thing to do. Or maybe not.

I won't embarrass the young man who lied to me here on Sturm. I know he'll be reading this post, possibly even feeling like the dirt bag he is, maybe not. Hopefully he learned a valuable lesson about integrity and veracity after getting his dxck caught in the door now.

But I WILL make him feel uneasy publicly here knowing ,I know, he lied to me and now all of you know he lied too.

Had a young man contact me on one of the boards here about a potential sale of an item I had listed. We talked about the item, only to find out I had listed the sale price on the item incorrectly, missing a key on my keyboard in the process and never checking my ad. Yea I know Buddy, dumb ass. Like $1000 worth. The guy fed me a b.s. story about really needing the item to complete a armored vehicle he had.Been looking for  along time couldn't find one forever. Only thing is I didn't realize the guy was lying to me at the time, so I honored my mistake and his request trying to help him out and let him have it at the posted price... my loss.

Well I find out today he  really doesn't have the vehicle to complete he said he did, and I found the item I sold him up for sale on another board, just today! It was all b.s. just to get the part at a greatly reduced price for resale so he could make money. Like I could not have done the same for myself.

Certainly the item is his to sell now. That I won't dispute. I agreed to sell it to him at 1/3 of it's value, to help the guy out, but on false pretense. The moral of the story is, this industry is too small to tell lies young man. You will be outed again, just as you were here, one time or another.

Be thankful I have more class than anger, otherwise I'd post your name right here, destroying you reputation on the boards for a long time, branded as a liar

Once you are discovered as a liar and not trustworthy, no-body legitimate will want to do business with you in the future here or anywhere else.Think about that next time you try to tell a lie while working another scam-deal young man.

FWIW,

R.L.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, R.L. said:

Trust, integrity, honor. Lost  attributes these days...

Quoted for truth.

There are definitely some turds in our community. I had my own run in with one several years ago. Took a year to sort it out and it left a bad taste. 

One of my favorite quotes from the other MG board. Integrity: if you have it, nothing else matters; if you don't have it, nothing else matters.

To the good guys: keep doing good.

To the crooks: go to hell.

Regards,

K.H.

• Like 2

FYI guys Coltman 16 who posts on Sturm using that same board name is the same guy who posts on the 1919a4 board using the board name Coltman15. I guess he thought by switching 2 numbers nobody would guess he's the same guy. Duhh...

Too funny...tonight he pulled down his post on the 1919a4 board were he was trying to sell the M113 armor shield I sold him for his imaginary M113 APC. that he lied to me about and begged off the price.

Buyers and sellers beware of this clown.

If he lied to me he'll lie to you too.

Sorry Mike I didn't mean to hijack your post!

FWIW,

R.L.

1 hour ago, R.L. said:

FYI guys Coltman 16 who posts on Sturm using that same board name is the same guy who posts on the 1919a4 board using the board name Coltman15. I guess he thought by switching 2 numbers nobody would guess he's the same guy. Duhh...

Too funny...tonight he pulled down his post on the 1919a4 board were he was trying to sell the M113 armor shield I sold him for his imaginary M113 APC. that he lied to me about and begged off the price.

Buyers and sellers beware of this clown.

If he lied to me he'll lie to you too.

Sorry Mike I didn't mean to hijack your post!

FWIW,

R.L.

Good to know.

Thanks for letting us know who the dirtbag is.  The only way to keep these scumbags from screwing other folks is to out them publicly. We shouldn't try to hide them. All we do is protect them by doing so. I always appreciate dealing with the honest folks.

Edited by GUNBUGS
  • Like 1

RIFLEJUNKY, if I was the guy that you tried to buy the VSM VICKERS gun from, sorry I changed my mind and decided to sell a different gun at the time. most of the contacts I had for it, tried to "lowball" me, so I put her away. I have SEVERAL VICKERS guns, would buy more. many items I offer for sale are done so I can do something new. when that fails, its time to "rethink"  cheers mike