bigbore

Thompson 1928AC Bridgeport

Location: NW OH

15 posts in this topic

C&R 1928 AC Bridgeport Thompson which will transfer to your dealer on an efiled Form 3.  This gun is beautiful with a numbers matching lower and AOC stamped internals. Price is $24,975.00 delivered.

Steve

www.adcofirearms.com
 

1928.jpg

20190310_090732.jpg

20190310_090741.jpg

20190310_090209.jpg

20190310_090806.jpg

20190310_090824.jpg

20190310_090719.jpg

20190310_090231.jpg

20190310_090700.jpg

20190310_090649.jpg

20190310_090634.jpg

20190310_090607.jpg

20190310_090549.jpg

bolt.jpg

Edited by bigbore

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

bump

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

bumped

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi—can you tell us if the barrel is marked AOC?  If not, what the manufacturer mark is.  Thanks in advance for your reply.  Jack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have never seen or heard of a barrel being stamped AOC?  Do you have any info/pics of such a thing?
 

20190323_074730.jpg

20190323_074802.jpg

20190323_074834.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, but it looked strange.  It was a smooth barrel, with a large A, a small O inside the upper part of the A, and a small C inside the lower part of the A. As I recall, I saw this in a thread somewhere on MG boards a long time ago...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/23/2019 at 11:02 AM, Jack Wright said:

Yes, but it looked strange.  It was a smooth barrel, with a large A, a small O inside the upper part of the A, and a small C inside the lower part of the A. As I recall, I saw this in a thread somewhere on MG boards a long time ago...

Other than a front sight on an M1, I've never seen any part of a 1928 barrel stamped AOC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My money is that it's an original barrel. AOC proofed their barrels with a serif P. This has a serif P. My original barreled AOC has a Savage barrel marked the same as this one. I don't think the finish is original from the pictures, but you can't be for sure without seeing it in person.

Dan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/1/2019 at 4:39 PM, DZelenka said:

My money is that it's an original barrel. AOC proofed their barrels with a serif P. This has a serif P. My original barreled AOC has a Savage barrel marked the same as this one. I don't think the finish is original from the pictures, but you can't be for sure without seeing it in person.

Dan

I'd guess it's not original finish, but it's not a recent refinish either.  I'd guess it was reparked at the same time the US was ground off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The US was ground off at the factory. This is a commercial gun. That is why the US is ground off and the AC suffix is overstamped one the A1. The X was added to the serial number at the same time. I think these may have been produced or at least assembled by Numrich after WWII. I don't believe they parkeized them before selling but someone may have better information.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

52 minutes ago, DZelenka said:

The US was ground off at the factory. This is a commercial gun. That is why the US is ground off and the AC suffix is overstamped one the A1. The X was added to the serial number at the same time. I think these may have been produced or at least assembled by Numrich after WWII. I don't believe they parkeized them before selling but someone may have better information.

I know well what an AC is, that doesnt help the general confusion and questions  still asked about their origin, etc;  detailed documents about  what was assembled when and shipped were, with whatever parts were available.  Ruben has similar ACs for sale as well, and they all have the same patina, and coloring as this one.  I have never read anywhere that Numrich assembled any 1928 ACs.  Those were all from Bridgeport and seemingly from know SN blocks.  You might be thinking of those assembled by Numrich which had "NAC"  as part of the post war built 1928s

Edited by bigbore

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That I am. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

bump

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

bumped

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now