1928AC Bridgeport Thompson $21,500 Delivered

bigbore

C&R 1928 AC Bridgeport Thompson which will transfer to your dealer on an efiled Form 3.  This gun is beautiful with a numbers matching lower and AOC stamped internals. Sale included 1 50rd new crosby drum, 1 30rd mag. The violin case is brand new kahr production. Price is $21,500.00 DELIVERED

Steve

www.adcofirearms.com

1928.jpg

20190310_090732.jpg

20190310_090741.jpg

20190310_090209.jpg

20190310_090806.jpg

20190310_090824.jpg

20190310_090719.jpg

20190310_090231.jpg

20190310_090700.jpg

20190310_090649.jpg

20190310_090634.jpg

20190310_090607.jpg

20190310_090549.jpg

bolt.jpg

20191022_192959.jpg

Edited by bigbore
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/23/2019 at 11:02 AM, Jack Wright said:

Yes, but it looked strange.  It was a smooth barrel, with a large A, a small O inside the upper part of the A, and a small C inside the lower part of the A. As I recall, I saw this in a thread somewhere on MG boards a long time ago...

Other than a front sight on an M1, I've never seen any part of a 1928 barrel stamped AOC.

My money is that it's an original barrel. AOC proofed their barrels with a serif P. This has a serif P. My original barreled AOC has a Savage barrel marked the same as this one. I don't think the finish is original from the pictures, but you can't be for sure without seeing it in person.

Dan

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2019 at 4:39 PM, DZelenka said:

My money is that it's an original barrel. AOC proofed their barrels with a serif P. This has a serif P. My original barreled AOC has a Savage barrel marked the same as this one. I don't think the finish is original from the pictures, but you can't be for sure without seeing it in person.

Dan

I'd guess it's not original finish, but it's not a recent refinish either.  I'd guess it was reparked at the same time the US was ground off.

The US was ground off at the factory. This is a commercial gun. That is why the US is ground off and the AC suffix is overstamped one the A1. The X was added to the serial number at the same time. I think these may have been produced or at least assembled by Numrich after WWII. I don't believe they parkeized them before selling but someone may have better information.

52 minutes ago, DZelenka said:

The US was ground off at the factory. This is a commercial gun. That is why the US is ground off and the AC suffix is overstamped one the A1. The X was added to the serial number at the same time. I think these may have been produced or at least assembled by Numrich after WWII. I don't believe they parkeized them before selling but someone may have better information.

I know well what an AC is, that doesnt help the general confusion and questions  still asked about their origin, etc;  detailed documents about  what was assembled when and shipped were, with whatever parts were available.  Ruben has similar ACs for sale as well, and they all have the same patina, and coloring as this one.  I have never read anywhere that Numrich assembled any 1928 ACs.  Those were all from Bridgeport and seemingly from know SN blocks.  You might be thinking of those assembled by Numrich which had "NAC"  as part of the post war built 1928s

Edited by bigbore

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Good morning. I am interested in this gun. I am located in Pennsylvania. A few questions. Where is the gun, and would it be possible to fire it before purchase? Would this be a 50- 50 deal or something else. My last class 3 transfer was 5 months last year so I don't expect a problem. Please advise and thanks. If you would rather call the cell is 347 742 5045  & thanks

I'm in the Toledo, OH area. A test firing is no problem.  This gun would transfer to a PA FFL/SOT on a form 3 which have been taking less than 48 hours, so payment would be required in full up front.

I just want to understand this. If I was to purchase this, because it is on an eform, that means this transfer will go through in a few days rather than months? Once my dealer has it, I can pick it up like the purchase of any other firearm? Please advise & thanks

Sorry, no. To transfer it to you in PA, it needs to go to a dealer in PA first on a form 3.  Once the gun is in his possession you can start the process to transfer it to you on a From 4. Form 4 times right now are about  11 months.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...