WTB: Vickers 11mm lock

M1919a6

? DAN, have you actually done that yourself? or pic that up on the net somewhere?  my 11MM lock and extractor is MUCH larger than my .303 stuff. to run my colt gun in smaller cals, I had to change the cross piece and slides so the locks would fit. I didn't know they made 2 variations of 11MM internals.

Mr. Todd is correct. The 11mm extractor will slide on the lock but it’s so wide the extractor levers won’t go back on without bowing out and the Lock arms won’t fit on the lock at all. I would be happy with a stand alone extractor if anyone has one. I can always Fabricate a lock to fit, but a whole 11mm lock complete would be the best. Thanks for the input guys. 

KEEP IN MIND, if you do find a lock, you will still need an original 11m complete silde ass and cross piece to use it. it wont just go on the .303 assembly. my illness effects the nerve signals to my hands so I cant run my machines very well any more, but when I get caught up, first project is to fab an extractor that will fit 45/70. my dream has been to have a Vickers in that cal. I think I have the feed block worked out and the brl in no issue at all. I have 4 NOS 45 cal Vickers belts just waiting.

Mike and M1919a6;  This thread got me digging into my Vickers pieces 'n parts stash.  I cannot find my demilled 11mm extractor no matter how I hard I try.  I may have given it to Dolf, but I cannot remember.  Anyway, what I have found was my US 11mm lock assembly with a Turkish 8mm extractor installed.  It looks like I used British VSM lift arms and not the US 11mm lift arms.  I use this setup with a US 30.06 feed block and barrel to shoot 30.06 ammo.  It works well using Turkish aluminum Maxim belts.  Anyway, on this lock the clearance between the edges of the 8mm extractor and the VSM feed arms is nice and tight, but not touching.  I then dug back into the rest of my locks and found the US 11mm lift arms installed on a British VSM lock.  This was the lock that I swapped lift arms with on the US 11mm lock.  Now the clearance between the edges of the 303 extractor and the 11mm lift arms is wide and sloppy.  There is one hell of a gap present.  This indicates the 11mm extractor is wider than either a 303 extractor or 8mm extractor.  One should be able to install an 11mm extractor without original 11mm lift arms on a any Vickers lock by machining 303 lift arms to clear this wider extractor.

Below is the US 11mm lock with an 8mm extractor and 303 VSM feed arms.  The fit is nice and tight.  The lock is upside down.

US-Lock-8mm-Extractor-Brit-Lift-Arms.jpg

Below is the VSM .303 lock with a 303 extractor and 11mm feed arms.  The fit is sloppy as $hit.  Again the lock is upside down.

Brit-Lock-303-Extractor-US-11mm-Lift-Arm

Mike;  As for a 45/70 Vickers, you need to contact Dave Rosenfield.  He had a 45/70 setup that was made by Fred Kasse years ago.  Dave sold the setup to Dolf a couple years back because he, Dave, could not find any belts to feed 45/70 ammo.  Dolf has a couple custom made cloth belts that were used by 20th Century Fox studios or MGM that work nicely.

Edited by pstidan
Add photos. Add 45/70 information.