tcgoll

Value of recent rewat MP 40

4 posts in this topic

I am wondering about the difference in value of a recent rewat MP 40 with the rewatter name on it vs an original non rewat vs a tube gun. I believe the rewat woud still be C&R since it was registered as a dewat in the amnesty.

The answer to your question is buried in the NFA records. yes a rewatted C+R could have remained a C+R but only if the person/co doing the work filled out the forms correctly. if they listed themselves as a manufacturer in the column for origin , it may be doomed. I have examples done both ways and the ones with the new mfg'r listed had previously transferred as C+R'S but when I bought them the transfer too me was denied using it. the key to the value is how it will transfer NOW , but any extra markings will effect the value no matter the case. at least 15% from what I see and as much as 25% in some cases 

I only accept postal money orders. contact me DIRECTLY before sending any funds                                           email  myoldiron@outlook.com        

The rewatting was done last year. Most old rewats were never stamped. Not a rewat but i have an SP1 convertion that was registered on a form 1. It shows Colt as the manufacturer. I know who did the work because i registered in in 1977.

when GCA was put into law MOST of the MFGR'S did not know how to comply and many DID remark the guns and the paper work. it was a simple misinterpretation of the rulings set down by ATF. so you will find many variations. when the paper work was changed and a new MFG'R was added the pretty much killed any C+R status. I have 3 examples on hand to confirm that. ALL had transferred as C+R several times but are denied now due to the process used to validate its in the system.

I only accept postal money orders. contact me DIRECTLY before sending any funds                                           email  myoldiron@outlook.com