Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Thumpy

How do pre may dealer samples work?

15 posts in this topic

Hey guys I was wondering with pre may dealer mgs can you pass them down when you die like a transferable? Or no? Ik you have to have a ffl/sot to own them I don’t have either of those but I allways wanted to know if they could be passed down

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Thumpy said:

Hey guys I was wondering with pre may dealer mgs can you pass them down when you die like a transferable? Or no? Ik you have to have a ffl/sot to own them I don’t have either of those but I allways wanted to know if they could be passed down

This makes

No Common Sense gun law. 

So all common sense and gun law

Is void?

Edited by Born loser...in Montana
Sp

You need to pay SOT to acquire - which applies to anyone who would stand to inherit.

financial ownership is "passed down" but new owner will need to obtain sot to take possession. no need to maintain the sot once the transfer has been secured . the same will follow in future inheritance .

1 person likes this

I only accept postal money orders. contact me DIRECTLY before sending any funds                                           email  myoldiron@outlook.com        

Thank you mike!

22 hours ago, Born loser...in Montana said:

This makes

No Common Sense gun law. 

So all common sense and gun law

Is void?

I’m sorry bron loser... in Montana but um I don’t know exactly what you mean by this?

THUMPY, that's 2 of us. NO OFFENSE born loser, I just don't get the meaning.

I only accept postal money orders. contact me DIRECTLY before sending any funds                                           email  myoldiron@outlook.com        

21 hours ago, Rodney's Distributors said:

Thumpy, riflejunkyBorn loser...in MontanaThe Lone Rangermike todd

TITLE 27, CODE OF FEDERAL REGULATIONS, PART 179: MACHINEGUNS, DESTRUCTIVE DEVICES, AND CERTAIN OTHER FIREARMS states: 

fullsizeoutput_54c.jpeg

Thank you for showing us this but with pre may dealer samples you can keep after you give up your ffl/sot I was wonder that if you owned one got ride of your ffl/sot and then died years later would the guns be able to be transferred to say your kids even if they did not have a ffl/sot 

No you can not keep the dealer samples unless you are still in business with your sot at the time of your death. The guns can transfer with the ownership of the business. If there is no licensed business  at the time of death then the estate must sell the weapons.

1 hour ago, riflejunky said:

No you can not keep the dealer samples unless you are still in business with your sot at the time of your death. The guns can transfer with the ownership of the business. If there is no licensed business  at the time of death then the estate must sell the weapons.

Even if it’s a pre may ?

9.5.3.5 Distribution of decedents’ “sales samples.” If NFA firearms in a decedent’s estate are “sales samples,” that is, they were imported and distributed to the decedent as sales samples or were domestically manufactured machineguns distributed to the decedent as sales samples, the sale sample restriction continues in effect and lawful possession of the firearms requires that the firearms be held as “sales samples” for demonstration to government agencies.171 Therefore, these firearms within an estate must be transferred to government agencies or FFLs/SOTs as sales samples for demonstration to such agencies.

On 1/10/2019 at 7:15 PM, Thumpy said:

Thank you for showing us this but with pre may dealer samples you can keep after you give up your ffl/sot I was wonder that if you owned one got ride of your ffl/sot and then died years later would the guns be able to be transferred to say your kids even if they did not have a ffl/sot 

the posted regulation is one that allows for a successor for the existing term of the SOT - same is allowable for an FFL - it does not transfer registration to the successor but rather allows cleaning up after a business owner passes.  At the end of that term, if the successor wants to stay in business, a new license SOT is required.  SOT is brutal in that regard.  If you die May 31, your successor has 30 days of SOT time.  I may be misreading or missing something in your post, but I don't think FFL/SOT successorship solves your question as you were looking for inheritance potential?

Edited by The Lone Ranger