Aaron in Mohnton Pa

Twin 50's (Dreams do come true) ...

12 posts in this topic

We all have that one thing are after but don't see it as being obtainable..... Well this gun platform was it for me and now I got the tiger by the tail.... Years ago I met a gentlemen here in PA who had an elaborate .50 cal collection..bought his first transferable M2 in 1965... The first time I was at his place he had two Transferable C&R .50 cals in the middle of his basement floor. They were mounted in a WWII Twin .50 patrol boat Mount. Before that I had never seen such a mount... I was beyond impressed to say the least... as somebody who collects gun mounts, the mount was more fascinating to me then the guns... It was an example of the ingenuity that we as a country were putting out for the war effort during WWII.... I never thought I could possible obtain such a mount mainly because of how old and rare they are.... years past ..... then last year, I was walking through a friends warehouse and there it was, sitting on a table....the same mount unrestored and in immaculate condition..Still had the bucktag on it dated 1944...I immediately inquired what the story was with it...........it had come from an estate after sitting idol in a building for YEARS AND YEARS ... My lucky day, it was available for sale...NOT CHEAP.... but no way I could pass on it...  I was planning on building dummy guns for it just to display... I consulted with my friend @JnC Manufacturing to which he respond at the idea of dummy guns: "pfffffffffftttt GAYYYY" ....  Through his help and kindness I was able to obtain two beautiful, WWII / period correct .50 cal air cooled machine guns (thank you Nathan)......... God is good...Next on the to do list - destroy a car with these....

Does anyone have one of these twin mounts? Or seen them for sale before?

Aaron - Mohnton, Pa

MDBKVM3.jpg

rsHfkWO.jpg

hy5PY3h.jpg

wMyAjAA.jpg

w2dC1v4.jpg

hXSAu51.jpg

gMyA2je.jpg

55u0oaF.jpg

WgnB12t.jpg

Zgn59tI.jpg

these mounts were also again used during the Vietnam war on patrol boats. 

yCuFBSN.jpg

SxPw1MF.jpg

bUQ1vAb.jpg

94trYZe.jpg

Edited by Aaron in Mohnton Pa
1 person likes this

Wow, that is amazing!!

I had something similar to this for a pair on ANM2's (for aircraft mount), that was made by Bell Aircraft Corp. Look like a lot of the basic design was the same...

@westgard , I have seen the .30 cal twin mounts. Also very rare ... I think there is a set up for sale on gunbroker for .30s in a twin mount. 

I know someone in your state of Pennsylvania that offered me one last year. Might be the same gentleman of which you spoke. I have his contact info if you would like I can PM it to you. 

Outstanding! Thanks for sharing!

Matt

1 person likes this

The twin Navy mounted .30”s that were being sold recently on GB were owned by DSA.  The setup was on display at their retail shop in Lake Barrington, IL.  Not sure if it sold - can’t seem to find the listing now.  But it was a pretty impressive set.....  But not as cool as your 50’s!

1 person likes this

Bad A$$ stuff right there. Makes your 60 look like a squirt gun.

Congrats!

1 person likes this

Dummy gun's would have ruined that mount........

Now you're one of us .....With two money grubbing Wh*re's you have to feed ..

Nathan

1 person likes this

Working out the kinks....