A+ feedback for user www.stg44.eu

b_san

Not sure what happened to all of his ads, but wanted to confirm that I just received the Suomi coffin mags and pouch that were ordered and paid on Nov 14 and he even included a free loader tool in the package.  According to the postmark, he shipped them out on the 15th so that's exactly 3 weeks door to door from Poland, condition is excellent and I'd have no worries ordering anything else from Darek. Thanks.

Edited by b_san

Gentlemen,

I Will preface this with the fact that I am not a lawyer .... just trying to give some helpful advice  .... 

I was once looking at a very nice Lamson US made wwii tripod on eBay that was in Greece... I thought nothing of the fact that it was in Greece... I ran it by a friend who has been in the industry WAY longer then me .... he asked me if I was a licensed importer ... to which I stated no... he said “your importing without a license” .... I never did any digging around to see if that would be any type of violation and stayed away from the deal. 

I believe when it comes to military surplus magazines (and other firearms items obviously) you need specific ATF approval to bring them into the United States .... 

there is a ton of Information regarding this ..but the below link lays out the law as far as magazines 

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/27/478.119

Again, I could be wrong... but I interpret it that way. I say this because that may be why he no longer has ads on the boards. 

Aaron - Mohnton, Pa 

Edited by Aaron in Mohnton Pa

Aaron, we can both sit on the same bench in the back cuz I am no lawyer either.  I have lost SEVERAL SHIPMENTS to U.S. customs with no more action or notice taken . ANYTHING related to firearms other than holsters / slings is at risk. what I recall real quick is , BRNG BELTS and parts from Sweden, Thompson mags from RUSSIA, M-2 parts from POLAND, CRADLE and mags from ENGLAND MG parts and mags from Germany and Vickers parts from GREECE. ALMOST EVERYTHING COMES OF FROM SOUTH AMERICA? AND IT seems to be hit and miss out of EUROPE because many duplicate orders arrive ok. I play it like the crap table and if the price and rarity makes the gamble worthwhile I pull the trigger. overall its been a winner for me but the deals have slowed down since the trade show restrictions went into effect. I believe the "goodies" are quietly traded between friends and not offered since all the restrictions went into effect. THE only CANADIAN problems I have suffered involved optics BOTH WAYS !  IN 2000 I had an attorney check the regs and his opinion was an import license was needed to import ANY surplus to the US. I was told by a gentleman in GERMANY that as of JAN 01 2019 ALL MACHINE GUN PARTS AND ACCESS and 90% of ALL surplus gun parts will be illegal to possess/ offer etc. in ALL EUROPEAN UNION MEMBER country's so that may explain why some posts have slowed and others picked up?  MIKE