Shortbarrelpete

Bump stock ban

6 posts in this topic

Morning fellas, 

I heard about this turd of a law late in the week but haven't seen much coverage. Why? I don't own a bump stock nor do I have any plans of buying one but I still don't want them banned! 

What a waste of time, air, paper, and anything else going into making this law. 

Lets all refrain from commenting as;

1) Any pending changes HAVE NOT SOLIDIFIED AND ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AND:

2) Anti-2A groups monitor the boards for our Poker Hands.

We don't want them to close any potential deficiencies they might have.

They'll be a time and a place to voice our opinions.

Now is not the time.

Edited by CandRHolder
edit

I don't mean any disrespect but you sound like Nancy Pelosi..."we have to pass the bill to see what's in it"

I'm just trying to gauge why this isn't a bigger issue.  Keeping whatever hand you have to yourself is fine.

Curious.

When  "IS THE TIME" , to voice our rights ?

After "the bill is past, so we can see what's in it" ?

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, DMACPa said:

Curious.

When  "IS THE TIME" , to voice our rights ?

After "the bill is past, so we can see what's in it" ?

Answer: After the Ban is Codified. 

Its a known fact that Anti-2A Groups monitor boards like this.

This board has probable the most collective experience of NFA use, application and processes than any other.

Posting Opinions or Legal Positions regarding what is possibly deficient in any pending Anti-2A Ban/Action, (including ways to defeat it), MIGHT cause a pending Ban to be shored up and modified before the finial filing.

Btw, IT IS A HUGH ISSUE, Banning BStocks today will open the door to banning similar firearms related items in the future.

I do NOT support ANY proposed Ban, (especially when the Technologies Branch already formally decided the device WAS NOT A MG AND WAS LEGAL).

Edited by CandRHolder

The BATFE has announced 

Discontinuance of Accessory Classifications

Which means no further questionable approvals will be made. Complete weapons with the accessory attached must be submitted. The chances of getting the sample returned is slim to none.

In order to stop Bumpstocks all they have to do is rescind the approval..( Similar done with drop in auto sears which were without restriction prior to 1981.) They do not need any higher authority to do the rescinding.

They are waiting for public outcry which has been done. The president can only SUGGEST a rescinding. 

To do this it needs only be published in the federal register. Common knowledge.

Edited by mstrmstr