WTB trans AUG

mike todd

looking to buy a transferable select fire aug.  I would prefer  a sear  gun that would allow me to move it around. I am not well versed on whats out there, but I believe they were registered both ways,  IE registered receiver and registered sear. any help  from folks in the know would be appreciated along with any leads to purchase.

THANX !!   MIKE TODD

I own a semi aug and really enjoy shooting it.  So I can see the desire to own a fa version

i saw 1-2 of them listed for sale on a dealers website a few weeks ago.  Surprised me since I've never seen them listed anywhere else. I believe they were under $20k and not marked sold.   I will look back at my history and see if I can find them.    Look hard.  They are out there on someone's website

I own one, 904 series setup with a FA bolt carrier too. When searching make sure the serial # is a 903 series or higher & that the gun has a FA bolt carrier. There are some jacked up ones floating around & $16k is a damn good price if you find one listed as such. Gl with your search.

23 hours ago, huggytree said:

http://www.shootingcenters.com/class-3-firearms/

found one for you....they didnt answer their phone, so dont know how much

I've tried them before, not sure what's up with their number, found two of them but neither worked. Doesn't make me all warm and fuzzy that a range wouldn't have a working phone number listed. 

3 hours ago, RMA said:

That's a RR A3 & not a sear gun, wonder what they are asking for their FA's in general, says call for price.

Finally figured out an email. All of their website is out of date. They don't currently have any MG's for sale. Guess maybe there is no need for a phone number in that case. O.o

I'm pretty sure that AUG from AV guns is just an old ad that they haven't updated. Thats my AUG. If you click on their inventory, the AUG isn't there in their inventory.

I don't take the AUG out much, as I enjoy shooting my M16s, but the AUG is a very enjoyable gun to shoot when I do take it out. I've been meaning to move the sear pack to a new A3, but Pete Athens always seems to be out of them.

Good luck on your search. You will enjoy the AUG.

While we are on Aug topic the A1 plastic receiver seems to be made of a tougher material where as the newer A3 receiver is a softer plastic, reason I bring up this topic of discussion is a MG buddy of mine has a Aug reg pack too & he had Athen's build him a A3 which jammed on him several times. After he worked out the kinks (I think he did) he noticed the area of the ejector port there was a small chunk of plastic gouged out, my A1 has not done this & it would jam several times when I had first received it before getting more comfortable with the platform. Later I came to realize my gun only jammed up due to the sling blocking the ejector port, yes I felt like an idiot but live & learn.

7 hours ago, RMA said:

While we are on Aug topic the A1 plastic receiver seems to be made of a tougher material where as the newer A3 receiver is a softer plastic, reason I bring up this topic of discussion is a MG buddy of mine has a Aug reg pack too & he had Athen's build him a A3 which jammed on him several times. After he worked out the kinks (I think he did) he noticed the area of the ejector port there was a small chunk of plastic gouged out, my A1 has not done this & it would jam several times when I had first received it before getting more comfortable with the platform. Later I came to realize my gun only jammed up due to the sling blocking the ejector port, yes I felt like an idiot but live & learn.

I'm the huckleberry RMA speaketh of.

And here's the pics to prove it.

IMG_2496%201_zpskb6ssiak.jpg

IMG_2500_zpsojj8u7eq.jpg

IMG_2501_zpskvhp25l6.jpg

IMG_2504_zpsffof4bir.jpg

Edited by rhouston8

On February 17, 2016 at 6:37 AM, RMA said:

I own one, 904 series setup with a FA bolt carrier too. When searching make sure the serial # is a 903 series or higher & that the gun has a FA bolt carrier. There are some jacked up ones floating around & $16k is a damn good price if you find one listed as such. Gl with your search.

Not sure why you would say 903xxxx or higher.  I have a full auto in a 901 and also a 900 series that is an A2 semi.   Both are as good as any preban Aug.