Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mike todd

MG-34 .308 conversion experiance?

2 posts in this topic

WAY back in the early 60's when the NORSE sold off all their MG-34's I bought several new in the package GOVT produced nato conversion kits. they came with a complete slide, feed block and barrel. recently I decided to break one out and give it a try . the first 2 belts were USGI WIN-69 ball and went through fine. next was LAKE CITY 76 ball and it fails EXACTLY THE SAME EVERYTIME ?  the empty is backwards in the throat with the new round on top. this happens after 1 to 5 rounds but every time. I tried another belt of the win ball and the same thing. my first thought was the gun was over powered so I tried a larger orfice to slow it down. it just extracted the rnd halfway and stopped. ANYBODY OUT THERE HAVE ANY IDEA'S ? any other's using nato in one have other problems or better luck?  wen all the good brass cased German WWII stuff was gone, I quit shooting the 34 and thought this might get her back on the line. cheers mike

I only accept postal money orders. contact me DIRECTLY before sending any funds                                           email  myoldiron@outlook.com        

I'm surprised that you received no postings on this thread.  I have pair of 34s and picked up a .308 conversion setup on eGhey years ago.  I could never get it to work reliably.  It wasn't a Norwegian kit, but an OOW setup.  From what I can figure out, my problem is with the barrel.  OOW didn't turn them down to the Norwegian profile and they were too heavy for reliable functioning.  I did pick up a real Norwegian .308 barrel and will re-try the kit again when the weather gets a little warmer.