Springfield MP5 Imports - Pre/Post?

QRF

Has anyone ever seen any of the Springfield Armory import MP5's registered as Pre Samples?  I've seen old ads that seem to refer to them as Post samples.  They seem to me to be possible Pre Sample guns, since most I have seen have 9/78 date codes on them. I have one in a PD I am working on liquidating, and am waiting on a copy the F5 to get to me. 

Did Springfield just import the parts and "manufacture" them here? Or just import older guns after 86?

Those were my thoughts as well.  But big brother just disapproved my F5, I'm assuming due to no law letter.  We'll see once it gets mailed back.

I just got the original F5 to the PD back and it has both the sales sample stamp and the postie stamp on it.  I guess I'll have to do a FOIA to see when it was imported.

1 hour ago, QRF said:

Those were my thoughts as well.  But big brother just disapproved my F5, I'm assuming due to no law letter.  We'll see once it gets mailed back.

I just got the original F5 to the PD back and it has both the sales sample stamp and the postie stamp on it.  I guess I'll have to do a FOIA to see when it was imported.

Strange--- keep us updated!!! :)

Tony