WTS C+R- MADSEN "A" 7X57 CHILE CREST

mike todd

A VERY RARE early import completely original excellent MADSEN medium machine gun from CHILE with the CREST intact, never cut , messed with completely as shipped from DENMARK and sold as surplus BEFORE they required all the CRESTS , property marks to be ground off when sold.  some refer to these as MODEL "A" but I have never seen any publication or document stating a model number of any kind. the ONLY other transferable examples I have seen were defaced severe or cut rewelds. these guns are smaller than the 8x57 or .30/06 contracts . the magazines will not interchange but most internals will IE: bolt , carrier, lower and all accessories. barrels must be shortened.  included is a decent ground tripod with anti/ aircraft arm, 4 leather pouches with 5 like new mags each, 2 metal mag chest with 4 like new mags, more than $3500.00 in mags alone!  RARE rear MONOPOD in carry case, ONE RARE complete anti/aircraft sight set in leather pouch fits this model only, one NOS spare 7x57 barrel in the wrap, one .308 barrel assembly complete (needs final length adjustment) several different sized booster cones to adjust rate of fire, bipods, wood , top covers and enough small parts to keep her running for thousands of rounds or years to come. while I have seen a few "samples" this is the most complete, unground , excellent condition package of ANY category observed in more than 45 years in the trade and a true gem for any collection that's very rewarding to shoot or just plain sit back and dream about what its seen. VARIATIONS of the MADSEN were used  by more country's than any other machine gun I know of including the ubiquitous MAXIM !   IMPOSSIBLE to UPGRADE and most likely the ONLY one you will ever have a chance to own. It runs perfect with every thing I put in it and 7x57 is abundant or easy to load with reasonably priced components easy to find. just not enough room or adjectives to describe this  and ANYONE can own it. what more could you ask for?  this one I hate to see go and I may not be able to keep it posted as I think about it and all it has to offer. we are out of room and need to make adjustments or it would not happen, so if you have ANY interest , you best act FAST.  OFFERED at $22,750.00 1/2 DOWN OK fob 78006 Texas on a form-4 buyer pays all fees  mag count correct now and a couple more pics . CHEERS MIKE.

IMG_0205.JPG

IMG_0203.JPG

IMG_0204.JPG

IMG_0202.JPG

Edited by mike todd
pics

GUNSLINGER, THANX FOR THE POST!  yes if they only knew what one if these is like when its purring.  one of the major faults or weak trends to put it a bit milder, that brought a "new " type of enthusiast to our sport after the ban or close, is all the NEGATIVE attitude about many of the older designs because they are not equal to the more modern weapons. HELL I'm no combatant and  very thank full for it. I DO THIS FOR FUN! I love to hand a newbee a M-60 and let him do a dump, then lay a Cho Cho on him full of LEBEL and watch his face. not to mention the people just watching. ITS PRICELESS !  NO, I would not want a BREDA -30 in the AFRICAN DESERT, but my lake has no dust and plenty of room for all the spent brass. who cares if it was the absolute worst squad auto fielded in WWII? the parts cant break and it runs like a top! . I must admit this  COSTA RICAN gun got the best of me at first. no publication nor anybody I knew was aware the receiver is smaller than your example. when I decided to chase one hard, not a single accessory was passed up while I looked. I must have bought close to a hundred  mags, several barrel assembly in 30/06 and 8mm. they all sat during the futile search for a transferable that looked good. when it hit the ready room, first thing I did was load about 20 mags with 8mm , pulled out a 8mm barrel some lube, tools were tossed in the Viking and we charged down to the lake. I could hardly hold on to a mag I was shaking so bad. I pulled the pin and slid the 7mm barrel out, replaced it with the 8mm and no matter what I did it would not lock in the trunion. after close to an hour, I left it on the table and raced up the hill searching for a cell signal. the only person I could reach was KEN Kielholtz. we walked through the procedure,i anxiously said thanx and almost killed myself charging down the 35% grade back to the lake. FAILURE, AGAIN ? hey I know how to wrangle this stuff, and the 7mm unit went right back in, but it whipped me! when I was packing it up to return to the ready room, I just tried to lock a mag in it. NO WAY that was going to happen it was about 3/8" too deep. WHAT THE HELL?  I had tears in my eyes on the way back , but I reasoned it was the wind. back on the line with KEN, I explained, and he replied heck you have an EARLY COSTA RICAN GUN ! I didn't know you had become a dealer when did that happen? I said never and he replied he had never heard of a transferable example and he owned NUMBER 1 from that contract. he said mags were almost impossible to find because they were not marked and you could not tell by looking so venders just tossed them with the others. BUT bless his heart he said he would 3 day a couple too me.  I decide to do a frantic search of my pile and found a FULL POUCH. in the interest of time and space, I will cut this off but I did get to shoot it that day in 7x57 all went well and I have managed to gather all the other mags without getting raped. bottom line, it is a magnificent artifact and might bring someone else the thrill it has me. THANX AGAIN it nice to be noticed and not bitched at because I put my foot in my mouth. cheers MIKE

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

KENS # 1 gun was FANTASTIC  and I had my suspicion he was mistaken about the sample part because they would have been released much later when they HAD to be ground. if so you made a very rare coup these days! I will close with many forms got sent out WITHOUT the red stamp or restricted check.THE ONLY WAY ONE CAN BE ABSOLUTLY SURE IS A NON DEALER, INDIVIDUAL TRANSFER.  I have asked for a "letter" clarifying status b-4 a transfer many times and they say it will ONLY be done if the gun is shipped to tech for an exam?

• 2 weeks later...