Tec-9

AK545

What’s the word on the full auto Tec-9 registered bolts? I was trying to find one and couldn’t find one anywhere. 

OTB has a couple RR KG9s for sale that are converted to blank guns right now, how hard is it to convert those back to being able to fire standard ammunition? 

Thanks! 

• 2 months later...

I would be afraid to shoot the KG9. The plastic for those firearms has an expiration date, and the buffer for the KG9s are so thin. In FA I would be afraid the receiver would crack from stress towards the back. Then, I would have a registered paperweight. 

EVERY example I have ever seen that has been fired, had a crack or was completely broken. the reg receiver is stuck where it is but there was a new plastic pistol lower that will accept all the 99 parts I'm told so the reg bolt would still have some use. I had two broken KG-99's and gave them to a SOT to "play with" or what ever. shortly after that I got one of the new stripped pistol lowers in a large asstd auction lot . wish I still had them so I could confirm it would work. anybody out there know either way? I will sell it CHEEP.

On 1/8/2019 at 1:24 PM, mike todd said:

EVERY example I have ever seen that has been fired, had a crack or was completely broken. the reg receiver is stuck where it is but there was a new plastic pistol lower that will accept all the 99 parts I'm told so the reg bolt would still have some use. I had two broken KG-99's and gave them to a SOT to "play with" or what ever. shortly after that I got one of the new stripped pistol lowers in a large asstd auction lot . wish I still had them so I could confirm it would work. anybody out there know either way? I will sell it CHEEP.

Are you talking about a semi auto lower mike?? 

YES its a semi auto pistol lower made by "A A arms  MINT HILL, NC.  its marked  "MOD AP9" 9mm luger. what I have is a NOS stripped lower with a serial number, so its a firearm . I got it in a large lot at auction and had to do a 4473 for it. I found a post on G-brk'r that had one listed and they claimed it would take all KG-99 parts and mags, but I have no way to confirm those claims.

I made a post sample open bolt tec 9. It lasted approximately 400rds of non stop shooting before it broke the receiver in half. Of course it was mag after mag with just dumping the mags. 

Also literally exploded a AP 9 in semi auto. Just shooting it normally and the whole receiver exploded. Only thing left in my hand was the grip where the mag went. Nothing steel blew up, just the plastic receiver.  Both guns could have been  partly my fault, as I clean my guns with brake cleaner. After reading on the net, I found out that is a big no no for those early plastic guns, as the acetone changes the molecular structure of the plastic making it very brittle! 

Personally I would pass on them .