I was able to contact JJ Werner by email

R.L.

Thanks to one of our thoughtful posters here on Sturm. Thank you. JJ is doing well and his business has really kept him busy. As you may know Werner is s preeminent and highly qualified elector-optical engineer with current knowledge on all things night vision, thermal etc. 

Here's what I can tell you:

Without all the minutia that went on ending his posting career at the other board, JJ will not be posting on the "other" board in the future, that era is over. Some of you may know the baloney that precipitated all of this. It's history, no sense beating a dead horse. However this potentially could be the beginning of a new era for his posts herr at the Sturm boards. 

There was a time, and all of the old timers here on Sturm will remember this, when this board was full of informative conversation on all types of topics. Over the years, for whatever reason, that has changed unfortunately. Very unfortunate. There was once a very strong sense of "brotherhood" here.

Guys this board has so much potential other than just the sale of NFA etc. I'd love to see that intelligent, useful conversation return. I've not talked to JJ yet about him starting to post here as his home board, before I check with all of you first.

I for one would be extremely happy to have that level of conversation on this board again. However, I don't want to ask him to spend his time to posting here, if there is no real interest.

So who's interested?

Sound out.

FWIW,

R.L.

AKA Welsh Warrior

I for one among many, would be very pleased to speak to him and read his posts once more.. The problem with the other board was some of the "Protected Class" ended up running the show and got their panties in a wad. Hopefully Frank has weeded them out as they we're a drag on the posting btw. those actually conversing about things that help our Gun Community. Those that just stirred the pot to set back and watch should have been banned. The "Protected Class"  though helped their own and didn't care about anything except their Ego and their power. Welcome aboard again Sir.

I for one used to read most all of his posts (on the other board, back in the day) and I even saved some of his "in depth" look at some N.V products. His knowledge is priceless and what was even better, he shared his knowledge, he took the time to respond to others on the boards who asked questions.

As for me, JJW is welcome here!

GLAD TO HEAR YOU GUY'S want to have a "multi " use venue for folks to benefit from in ALL ways rather than just a source of additions to the collection. all the talk about the failures of the "other" site only reminds me how close this place came to becoming the same thing due to "over moderating" and such. heck one could spend and hour trying to properly post on a subject, only to have it "zapped" because TOO MUCH information was in the title or some detail was explained in a way that did not fit some ones taste. I guess its best not to go too deep into what was done and why , BUT IT WAS A GOOD THING what ever it was.  It seems that a few complain about the lack of sales volume since the change, but I can assure you the change didn't do it !  several things have brought that on. I believe the no 1 cause is the "feeding frenzy" caused by so much being available every where. some in such low volume , if you didn't look hard and fast, it was all gone when you heard about it. now tee tee new stuff is showing its head any where. the fact that your reply or post could get zapped for a misplaced period could be a close cause for the lack of customers. I know several folks that have a lot to contribute that said they would not bother trying anymore. gradually I have managed to gather a few back simply because WE ALL WIN. nothing beats "hands on" information and its all out there, lets get it back !

Werner helped me out a LOT with very specific info concerning my AUGs and packs and whatever. He also helped me out a ton on optics including NV/Thermal. I really can't say I helped HIM out that much at all.

I would absolutely welcome Werner's presence here or anywhere. Him gone off the grid has been a huge loss for us in the layman gun community. This cant be overstated.

Now...I have no idea why he left or got kicked off "the other board"...I guess bc I'm not of the Protected Class or whatever and that's fine. I dont need or deserve an explanation.

I do wish we had a more lively informative discussion forum here on Sturm. 

Oh and I for one really miss the old hardarse rules of posting items for sale. Loved seeing the smackdowns by Buddy and have gotten it myself at times. No problem. But man that made for clean quick previews of guns for sale. I loved it. 

Edited by rhouston8
typo only

Yea we really need to bring that type of discussion back. Rufus Murray where are you?Wayne L. Burnham, God bless your soul, we still miss you. I'm trying guys. I've not heard back from JJ yet. I really hope he accepts our invitation.

The guy really went above and beyond helping people from all walks and the idiots on the other board just treated him like yesterdays trash. I don't give a damn WHAT they say he posted to get booted. I'm calling B.S. on that excuse. There was more.

Pettiness and penis envy, pure and simple. Some people especially those on the lower end of the IQ scale, have no other weapon to use against smarter people, unless they're p-whipped , soy boy moderators complete with small minds, small tallywacker & real small behavior.

I'm hoping AMA Frank will start to post here again too.. Frank is a virtual walking encyclopedia of NFA weapons, their function , operation and repair. He no longer posts at snubguns either.

There is MORE to NFA/Non NFA than just buying, trading and selling. The history of the weapons you enjoy, the friendships you developed along with everything else, keeps the hobby balanced and personal. For me the friendships along the way are far more valuable than the hardware, but that's just me.

R.L.

RL...

I agree with all you said. The NFA is a community and while I'm not a soft heart touchy feely guy I do enjoy hearing and learning about the history of the hobby/profession we all love so dearly here. Not all of us were collecting/shooting before '86 and I do relish in the fireside stories of the pre 86 wild west of NFA where slab cracking amounts of 3 cent milsurplus  8mm abounded and barrels were smooth bored out on a regular basis. Mounds of spent casings beneath the tripods. And all the wild arse stories and personalities  involved. 

I heard back from Brother Werner yesterday, in a very long personal email, and another in reference to posting on Sturm. JJ Is a good man, I hope he decides to begin making our board his new home. 

He was most appreciative of the positive responses and the open invitation he received at our board. I cannot tell you positively JJ will be posting here at this time,  but IMO I think he will, in the not so distant future.

When I hear more I'll post it here ASAP.

Best regards,

R.L.

In the mean time it wouldn't hurt to post your personal welcome to ol' JJ.to the board. I'll be contacting Frank early this week to extend an invitation to him also. Come on guys I'm not the only old guy here with too much time on his hands, who talks too much. Gotta be a few more out there?

R.L.

That is some pretty cool news, we will wait and see, but absolutely hoping for the best.

Here is a thought, the title for this forum is "general firearm discussion" . Every once in a while I think about posting a subject that is not related to a firearm, so I simply do not post that way I am sticking to the guidelines for posting.

What about a new title for this forum to something like "General Discussion" or "General Community Discussion" so that if we do want to post up about current events, night vision or how bat shit Crazy the left has become! or whatever?

Hopefully someone will read this and post up their thoughts.

• Like 1

RL.,

Thanks for your  opinion.  

But it means  little  to me... 

UNITED WE STAND.

Mr. In the sky  with  red diamonds  has meant a lot to all who care.

Your failure to see the big picture is concerning... however,  I hold faith you will see the light ... 

Brother in Arms ,

Born Loser

OK guys the verdict is in , sadly  JJ will NOT be coming here to post in the future. I just received a detailed email from JJ, He's very busy with his work and feels he would not be able to post and respond in timely manner.

I also think the recent negative board banter here convinced him that he DID NOT want to be involved in anymore snubguns type board attacks. He had quite enough of that behavior over there, so why go somewhere to post where the potential for the same behavior is possible.

Can you blame him?

Damn.

Sorry guys, I tried.

R.L.

It is unfortunate that JJW will not be joining us, regardless of the reason.

I enjoyed all of his posts on Subguns. Strange as it may sound, I enjoyed his non firearm related posts the most. Every one had a little bit of wisdom about life. 

In Liberty,

Kristopher

Gotta respect the man. I learned a bit from him mainly about NV and whatnot, but then again he did really piss in my Wheaties about my experiences in the NFA world. Don't know what I did to cheese him off, but he wasn't shy about hamming my biscuits in public. That made me just about stop posting on the "other" boards as well. Seems I was never right...about anything.

But I believe everyone should have their say, right or wrong. Trying to ANTIFA someone because they disagree with you ain't right though...

Shattered