Fraud alert - Johnn2 Ernestmays741@gmail.com

Attlaw

Received an email in response to a WTB ad from Johnn2 as follows: "John here! Decided to drop you a PM in respect to your ad placed. Email Ernest in California, Ernestmays741@gmail.com. He has for sale"

Googled the email address and found out that Ernest is a scammer known on other boards.  Played along with it and he sent me pictures of a 1928A1 Thompson he only wanted $1900 for.  He sent lots of pictures that he had downloaded off the Machingunboards website (Gun is actually in Switzerland.  Everyone beware.  I did have a little fun with him (see below) - love those 1601 internals.

On Tue, Aug 28, 2018 at 5:40 PM Ernest Mays <ernestmays741@gmail.com> wrote:

These are the pictures you requested for. It includes the serial Number as well. I hope that satisfy you. Send me your Shipper FFL if you are interested in the Thompson. 

Thanks. 

Ernest Mays Jr.

On Tue, Aug 28, 2018 at 4:01 PM <wrg404@gmail.com> wrote:

That’s a little disappointing.  I was hoping it would have retained the original 1200 internals.  Just please confirm it has also been upgraded to the reversible firing pin.

Please do send more pictures, including ones of the serial number.

Will

On Tue, Aug 28, 2018 at 3:37 PM Ernest Mays <ernestmays741@gmail.com> wrote:

Yes it has 1601 internals. i have no problem with you coming to check it out yourself but i can as well send you dozens of pictures of it.

Thanks. 

Ernest Mays Jr.

On Tue, Aug 28, 2018 at 3:17 PM <wrg404@gmail.com> wrote:

Understand.  Is this on a form 3 or a form 4?  I would only want to inspect it in person, would then need you to ship it to my FFL.  Does it have the 1601 internals?

On Tue, Aug 28, 2018 at 2:41 PM Ernest Mays <ernestmays741@gmail.com> wrote:

I'm in Altadena. I'm a very busy person and i can only be available on Sunday evening for a face to face deal.

Thanks. 

Ernest Mays Jr.

On Tue, Aug 28, 2018 at 2:19 PM Will Gaines <wrg404@gmail.com> wrote:

Where are you located? I can make a trip to see it in person.

On Tue, Aug 28, 2018 at 2:12 PM Ernest Mays <ernestmays741@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Will,

Thanks for writing, My apology for the slow response as i was busy with meeting. Yes i have savage Made Thompson 1928A1  for sale in excellent condition. Asking price is $1,900 which includes shipping. I would prefer a local pick up but i can as well ship out if you are not in Altadena.. What is your shipper FFL ?

Thanks. 

Ernest Mays Jr.

On Sun, Aug 26, 2018 at 11:01 PM <wrg404@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Ernest,

I had placed an ad on Sturmgewehr looking for a Thompson and someone said you might have one for sale.  Please let me know.

Will

Edited by Attlaw
Suggestion from member

I got a referral to him thru a WTB add on this board.  Claimed to have a vintage Winchester A5 scope for sale, @ $900.00.  The pictures looked like one listed on Ebay for $475.00.  I told him I wasn't interested, but his reply was;  Send me your full name and mailing address, with your phone number.  I will gladly working with you to find your good price. Hmmmm………  He finally gave up emailing me, I hope?