Is this a No Go, M249 & a Reg. HK Sear installed?

OK, I thought registered HK auto sears were for HK Host's only - as per the BATFE?

Over on the semi board, there is a nice M249 variant and the seller states: "accepts HK trigger groups which can be easily swapped out. If you have a registered sear or HK pack, this gun is compatible with packs of that type"

While I think that is a very cool idea, I'm not so sure I would advertise making a post 86 machinegun, I believe that is what BATFE states you are doing?

What do all my fellow brothers say, or maybe someone has a copy of the statement from BATFE regarding joining these 2 together.

NO NO is the answer they gave me! wow, talk about a seat of the pants application of the act without much merit but how to win that battle. all my early transfers state N/A for OAL, BRL length etc. no matter what it was I typed in "receiver only" after all , that's the only part that's in the registry . I don't believe the intent of the act gave ANYBODY the authority to judge what it looks like , what shape it comes in or what color it is. ONLY WHAT IT CAN DO. come 1990 they sure showed me. EVERY TRANSFER no matter the direction was refused until I corrected the entry and in most cases demanded photo backup (SIGH)

• 3 weeks later...