WTB - Early Savage Thompson or Colt Overstamp

Attlaw

Hi all,

I am looking for a 1928 Commercial Savage (British reimport) or Colt.  Perhaps a 1928A1 if it has the earlier features.  Looking for something I won't mind shooting (and letting my teenage sons shoot).  This will be my first (and probably only) Thompson, although I have done a bit of research.  Please let me know if you have anything.  Of course, I have been looking on the various boards and gunbroker.

Thanks much,

Will

• 1 month later...

you might catch a decent hammer price on one of 2 examples they have a 21 with a military actuator and a 28 with the U.S. marks punched out.  the 28 has the plain folded rear but that's an easy fix. both   will make good shooters . BEWARE THE 20% buyers PREMIUM!

LAST ORIGINAL ACTUATOR I FOUND WAS $1500.00 and I bought it ?  one snap and its dead so you need to protect the investment if you dare use an original 21 . I try to keep as many orig brls and acts that I can. I have watched 3 fly off and bulged 2 COLT BARRELS also found a crack in one of my early square cut guns in my life , but cant say it was not already there and just came more visable. I wouldn't dare fire one of those again  (sigh) NOW, 99% of the time when I shoot one, I change the bolt and act to military but in the rush things happen and I forget.