AVT 40 pros and cons

MTAWIL16

I would consider it ok for a "student" of small arms   as a study piece or something to fit in a collection with VERY LITTLE planned active duty. I have owned 2 - 40's and one 38, just because  b-4 things got expensive, "one of EVERYTHING" was a good thing. get ready to break wood and parts. even the SEMI's are hard on both and they are MUCH calmer. I keep one ea semi for the collection but refuse to shoot them at all anymore.

DIFFERANCES ? couldn't say back when I owned them , things were too numerous to allow one to become an expert. on operating systems I did  choose to get deep with, I would not form an opinion until I had some HARD back up from folks involved. of course that left out most of the comm bloc goods . now more than 70 yrs after the fact  anything would be possible forcing many to form opinions that can be misleading . a perfect example would be all the "G" and "K" 43 german rifles that ended up in south America. very few survived intact as they left.