MTAWIL16

AVT 40 pros and cons

5 posts in this topic

I’ve been searching for an AVT 40 for a couple of years now with no luck. 

Multiple people have told me to stay away from them. 

Those of y’all who have owned one or have handled one. Can you give me some pros and cons. 

I would consider it ok for a "student" of small arms   as a study piece or something to fit in a collection with VERY LITTLE planned active duty. I have owned 2 - 40's and one 38, just because  b-4 things got expensive, "one of EVERYTHING" was a good thing. get ready to break wood and parts. even the SEMI's are hard on both and they are MUCH calmer. I keep one ea semi for the collection but refuse to shoot them at all anymore.

I only accept postal money orders. contact me DIRECTLY before sending any funds                                           email  myoldiron@outlook.com        

Most AVT-40s, as I understand it, were semis that were later converted to FA.  There are some subtle differences in the in the appearance of the muzzle brake, right?

DIFFERANCES ? couldn't say back when I owned them , things were too numerous to allow one to become an expert. on operating systems I did  choose to get deep with, I would not form an opinion until I had some HARD back up from folks involved. of course that left out most of the comm bloc goods . now more than 70 yrs after the fact  anything would be possible forcing many to form opinions that can be misleading . a perfect example would be all the "G" and "K" 43 german rifles that ended up in south America. very few survived intact as they left.   

I only accept postal money orders. contact me DIRECTLY before sending any funds                                           email  myoldiron@outlook.com        

I only accept PayPal or US Postal Money Orders.

Paypal Required within 24 hours / US Postal Money Orders Required within 5 days

Email me DIRECTLY at   buddyhinton@hotmail.com

NO PM's or IM's 

Main Link to My Picture Albums >>  http://www.sturmgewehr.com/bhinton/

" Life's Tough ..... it's even Tougher if you're Stupid "

" My gun is not illegal .... it's just undocumented !  "

" Is calling an illegal alien an " undocumented immigrant " like calling a drug dealer an Unlicensed Pharmacist ? "

2014.STG.Logo.jpg