WTB: 1919a4 Cloth Belt Loader 1919

concerning your post  "wtb brng belt loader"  and the term "functional"  if you have past experience with them ignore me , if you don't  PAY HEED. I have 20/25 available at diff levels and have used them off and on more than 45 years. While one often hears of the mystical loader that has done 10's of thousands of trouble free rounds,  they must all be waiting out in some barn in the back of $300 complete WWII jeep in  a crate because nobody I know has ever owned one. they almost demand a 2 man operation and must have USED belts to work at all. swede belts, izzy belts and late  nato belts will work with reasonable consistency . when running them the major problem is the projectile wants to enter the belt in the middle of the pocket rather than the opening, so one must watch and use care. I have done several tests and can just keep up alone by hand with the average 2 man crew . either way its danged tiresome. if you have any NOS WWII Russel belts NOTHING will load them. the pockets have shrunk and they must be played with hard to get one working. I believe I have finally come up with an easy solution and am making a dummy cartridge with a hex head and other features that will cure the problem completely. we want to put these on the market once a MFG process is worked out so that's all the detail I can provide right now. sorry just wanted to be sure we are on the same page before I went any deeper. what I have is= all steel WWII era complete no box $800 plus  ship. should fit a large flat rate USPS  carton ok. may have one left missing the chute and 1 shouldered plate screw. it runs fine as is  725. pus actual   I never use the chute even with 2 men. its smoother and faster. just place one ctg at pusher, close halfway then place 2 ctg's on shuttle plate. # 2's job is to keep 2 rnds on the shuttle and #1 starts cranking. when you use the chute, they will hang up which messes up the motion and slows it down. ANOTHER big tip, don't bother buying any diff cal conversions. for example to do .308 , keep the 30/06 "pusher" in the machine cut a piece of mold steel stock  12 to 13 mm thick and same size as the pusher. Dremel a primer recess in the middle where it will contact the nato rnd and the attach with super glue. it will stay almost forever and can be removed with a gentle tap. same thing for the Russian round except it is 9mm thick.  you can make all your own needles using a small cut off wheel and large safety pins that will last as well as the hard to find originals. let me know if anything fits your needs and I will start digging. please keep in mind I am disabled and have several hundred K pounds of goods to dig through so ask that its a serious interest. cheers MIKE

26 minutes ago, mike todd said:

concerning your post  "wtb brng belt loader"  and the term "functional"  if you have past experience with them ignore me , if you don't  PAY HEED. I have 20/25 available at diff levels and have used them off and on more than 45 years. While one often hears of the mystical loader that has done 10's of thousands of trouble free rounds,  they must all be waiting out in some barn in the back of $300 complete WWII jeep in  a crate because nobody I know has ever owned one. they almost demand a 2 man operation and must have USED belts to work at all. swede belts, izzy belts and late  nato belts will work with reasonable consistency . when running them the major problem is the projectile wants to enter the belt in the middle of the pocket rather than the opening, so one must watch and use care. I have done several tests and can just keep up alone by hand with the average 2 man crew . either way its danged tiresome. if you have any NOS WWII Russel belts NOTHING will load them. the pockets have shrunk and they must be played with hard to get one working. I believe I have finally come up with an easy solution and am making a dummy cartridge with a hex head and other features that will cure the problem completely. we want to put these on the market once a MFG process is worked out so that's all the detail I can provide right now. sorry just wanted to be sure we are on the same page before I went any deeper. what I have is= all steel WWII era complete no box $800 plus  ship. should fit a large flat rate USPS  carton ok. may have one left missing the chute and 1 shouldered plate screw. it runs fine as is  725. pus actual   I never use the chute even with 2 men. its smoother and faster. just place one ctg at pusher, close halfway then place 2 ctg's on shuttle plate. # 2's job is to keep 2 rnds on the shuttle and #1 starts cranking. when you use the chute, they will hang up which messes up the motion and slows it down. ANOTHER big tip, don't bother buying any diff cal conversions. for example to do .308 , keep the 30/06 "pusher" in the machine cut a piece of mold steel stock  12 to 13 mm thick and same size as the pusher. Dremel a primer recess in the middle where it will contact the nato rnd and the attach with super glue. it will stay almost forever and can be removed with a gentle tap. same thing for the Russian round except it is 9mm thick.  you can make all your own needles using a small cut off wheel and large safety pins that will last as well as the hard to find originals. let me know if anything fits your needs and I will start digging. please keep in mind I am disabled and have several hundred K pounds of goods to dig through so ask that its a serious interest. cheers MIKE

Mike, you are a wealth of information. Thanks for sharing.