WTB COLT THOMPSON 1921

x50plt

Hi, I am looking for a nice Colt Thompson 1921 or Navy. Please let me know price and condition F3 or F4. Must be matching numbers with the original barrels. (PLEASE ONLY RESPOND VIA PM OR EMAIL)  Thanks Greg in Arizona

(Please do not make offers in this post. PM or Email only)

Edited by x50plt

Hi Gregg,

I've got some nice Colts of every variation. I'm only responding because I assume you are looking for excellent condition, collectible examples. As most of my customers know, I don't deal with anything less than top condition. If that is what you are looking for, I welcome your response. All of my guns are on a Form 3 since I am a dealer/mfg.

Thanks,

Tom

X50PLT ,  ?? hope you have done your research, there is quite a bit of diff in the COLT THOMPSONS. you mentioned. IN my opinion the 21A is top of the heap. much diff look and a faster gun . I have a hard time with the post  COLT MFG defacement at the model number with the "NAVY" guns I spend a lot of time with mine in hand and honest wear is just part of the history but that overstamped no. has never done it for me. I also prefer no comp . it just seems to fit my concept of a THOMPSON.

17 hours ago, mike todd said:

X50PLT ,  ?? hope you have done your research, there is quite a bit of diff in the COLT THOMPSONS. you mentioned. IN my opinion the 21A is top of the heap. much diff look and a faster gun . I have a hard time with the post  COLT MFG defacement at the model number with the "NAVY" guns I spend a lot of time with mine in hand and honest wear is just part of the history but that overstamped no. has never done it for me. I also prefer no comp . it just seems to fit my concept of a THOMPSON.

Hi Mike, I totally agree with you. I don't like the idea of over stamping something this nice. I may buy more than one model since the market seems good now. The last Julia Auction sold two 1928 over stamps 33k and 36k. Two 1921a 39k each and one 1921ac for 43K these guns were in great condition. It also should be noted that the seller received 23% less for the fees.

Thanks for the input Mike.K

"I have one incoming If you are not in a hurry. Correct and matching 26XX ser. "            NICE CURB APPEAL and just enough patina one can enjoy shooting a bit still.i just love that "chocolate patina of the wood and it makes me want another. it would be hard for me to take the plunge these days.  I was "forced " to buy my first one. seller had a M1 , M1A1, and a 28 A1 that I wanted he would only sell them if I bought the 21A  and it was $950.00 more I had to borrow the extra from a friend to close the deal.   100% 3 digit gun and its too nice to shoot so just struts around the vault acting cocky     don't be so sure about that figure to the seller. JULIA was VERY FLEXABLE about seller fees for nice examples. many times doing ZERO COST for the seller. I have a few items that were transferred to MORPHYS from JULIA when they sold and all are at no fee for me in the coming fall sale.

Morphys late October sale will have a very nice Colt Navy ,with a numbered CDrum ,three patent date,stick mags and a older Repro police case. Gun came out of Seattle PD three years ago. ALL CORRECT. Internals,wood and most important...finish. At the last morphy auction the majority of the Colt Thompson's by description were refinished and that has a huge affect on price.If you are looking for a above average Colt Navy check this one out.    

As for all the Thompson's in Morphy's last auction, I believe the nicest 21A was a re-blue, and not a very good job at that. I'm not one that believes that auction prices are a good indication of where market values are at today. The Morphy guns all had issues. I remember one had a cracked stock. The Julia guns (previous auction) were described as being nice condition, but I doubt they would have sold at what they did if they were premier collector guns. Glossy catalogue pictures can be deceiving!