Value of DLO M240 transferable sideplate gun??

mbell556

So what do you guys think is a reasonable current market value for one of DLO's transferable MAG58/M240s? Doug was selling them for 75K but I hear he has sold all of the sideplates he had. There are so few it is hard to get a handle on what a fair market value is. Any opinions? Thanks.

WOW, $175K ?  the pair of original transferables (consecutive) bounced all over at $250 asking for more than 2 years. I was involved and had it almost closed at $240k for the pair, but backed out because my real pref was an actual BELGIAN mag 58. the middleman I was using ended up buying them personally and they wont see the real world as long as he is alive.

Dang. I have the USGI parts to configure as a 240B  but I actually prefer the MAG 58 set  up which I have also. With the Mag 58 top cover you can use the 50 round metallic belts which are easier to gather up and load. I have retired so this might have to be part of my retirement plan but I would hate to not have this gun.

@mike todd,

I remember when the consec serial number guns sold. If they are the ones I’m thinking of. 

Maybe 5-6 years ago Dougwas selling one of his plates partially assembled into a gun with all the parts to finish it for $55,000 on subguns. It sold real fast needless to say. 

A FN transferable gun sold maybe 2 years ago for $250,000

Aaron - Mohnton, Pa 

Edited by Aaron in Mohnton Pa

On 7/19/2018 at 7:11 PM, johnsonlmg41 said:

IIRC Kent's pair sold for 175K each a couple years ago and they were not sideplate guns.   None of that sells quickly other than the kit  Doug put up, which sold I think within a day he told me.  I snoozed.

They went for more than that. I knew when they were up for sale because I was working with a guy trying to buy one gun. Then a good friend of mine ended up buying both of them. One gun is unfired still to this day. Other one he shots a pretty decent amount.

Plate guns DLO are the only ones I’ve ever seen have gone from 130-175 in the past 3 years. The one for 175 was a new upgrade and rebuild from OOW. The other was a rebuild from JNC. 

The factory guns run anywhere from 200-250. 

PSA had one for sale on the old Subguns board for 225 right before they sold/revamped.

That's what I recall Curtis telling me, and was the asking price.   If the guy paid more.....well?   Those guns had been for sale for over a decade. In 09 Kent had them in his flyer for 150K ea. / 290 a pair, and if I dig deep enough they were for sale well before that.   I don't recall when they first appeared on the tables at the creek, but I do know I was a lot younger!  Eventually the market caught up with the price.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/18/2018 at 1:10 PM, mbell556 said:

Dang. I have the USGI parts to configure as a 240B  but I actually prefer the MAG 58 set  up which I have also. With the Mag 58 top cover you can use the 50 round metallic belts which are easier to gather up and load. I have retired so this might have to be part of my retirement plan but I would hate to not have this gun.

The MAG 58 topcover will fit on the M240 just fine. I shoot non-disintegrating belts through my DLO M240 all the time.

Been working on getting my M60 to run them, almost there, but not yet.