Selling Colt Thompsons

BDMERC

I know sales are slow this time of year and it seems to be "hit or miss" when selling a gun. I'm still not sure which websites get the most traffic. If you were going to sell really nice original condition 1921, 1921AC, and Colt Navy Thompsons would you list them yourself, consign them, or go with an auction house? 

over the years I have handled more than 100 colt thompsons and been involved in the sales. quality HONEST guns are no problem using any method as long as you know enough to describe them properly. with the ease of the net and sending good pics its even easier now. I would post them on STURRM and GUNbrkr if they were mine.  top quality original drums will also make it several times faster moving so pic access carefully and make a pakage if you can. The auction house that would have brought the most money is gone forever. JULIA'S  did a fantastic job with them and ALL NFA. MORPHY'S bought them out and they are not capable or have the attitude to get it done right yet, but things may change as they have now hired some of the original Julia people. they will list them at your reserve and no seller fee is possible . I think it best to hold on to them if possible because they have jumped quite a bit the last 2 years and will continue. good luck! mike todd

• Like 1