STG 44 WWII C&R Lower Price 30,500.00

Tonetiup

Lowering price do to it being a rewat. This is an STG 44 made in the first month of 1945. Registration form indicates “Germany” in manufacturer’s block. The Machine Gun is a rewat done by J.P. Sauer mfg. . This condition is 90% No pitting original finish. With the upper being blued and the lower Phosphate. Cal. 7.92 Kurz. 16-1 4″ bbl. A great example of an “ STG-44 with “jbe”  final proof on underside of receiver. Visible numbers matching throughout (but is forced matched on the stock). It is also matching laminated wood 5″ toe to heel (later low profile style) length Stock. This machine gun was manufactured in 01 1945 as indicated on the mag housing during a period when these assault rifles were coming out with “2-tone” finish. CONDITION  Overall appearance and finish is Very good orig smooth Lustrous Blue on receiver, heat shield, cyl tube, rear sight, and bbl assembly,buttstock hardware, and ejection port cover . Very fine orig gray finish on  pistol grip lower assembly. Bolt and op-rod retain most of their smooth gray finish.  This is an absolutely incredible find for the advanced German WWII collector. I have been in the Machine Gun Business for 18 + years and this is the best late example I have ever come across. This was correct for this time in the war. Bbl was mfg by C.G. Haneal with mostly Merztwerk subcontracted sheet metal parts. Buttstock hardware is a renumber from 4095. Hand grip is SN 3269ai marked underneath buttstock housing. Bolt carriers non-matching. Bolt is 3269 in electro-pencil on left side. No bolt cut-out indicating this bolt is of the earlier configuration, still completely correct and acceptable for this late war production gun. I have added a correct front cover see the last two pictures. This is an amazing Strumgewehr dont let it get away. On a Form 3 so it will transfer Quick. Thomas Earl Stewart 602-763-8867

IMG_20180423_072501.jpg

toms stuff 522.jpg

IMG_20180423_072539.jpg

IMG_20180423_072544.jpg

A guy was every helpful filling i some details. He said he thinks by the Stamp on the Bottom means Firing line did the Rewart. It looks as all they did is change the plugged Barrel. There is Electro stenclling on the bolt so the East Germans had the gun for a time. I have checked the head space and fired 100 rounds thru the Gun no issues. The finish is original.

I sincerely doubt that the East Germans had it at any time considering that it had to have been registered before the 1968 amnesty expired. Electro pencil is the proper way the Germans marked many bolts, including both the STGs and the MG34s. Looking at the bottom of the receiver, I see the COS stamp for the receiver manufacturer (Merz-Werke). The manufacturer of the gun is either a Haenel or a Sauer based upon the ai suffix on the serial number. It is missing some stampings on the bottom of the receiver in front of the magazine well where the re-wat manufacturer placed his stamp.

23 minutes ago, DZelenka said:

At least you are trying, unlike some who say "ATF lists manufacturer as WWII Germany."

Or saying "ATF lists manufacturer as Auto Ordnance", when it's a West Hurley gun...

LOL, free bump :)

The never ending update......Firing Line did the rewat out of Wyandotts, OK. The Barrel has an, AD stamp and a CL stamp plus waffen stamp. The receiver has an CL stamp below where the firing line stamp is

IMG_20180702_102638.jpg