WTS Thompson M1A1 Stick Mags

Up for sale are two (2) Thompson 30 round stick magazines made by the Seymour Corp. These are original magazines that have been modified to be used with semi-auto and semi-auto SBR'd Thompsons. 

$70 for both shipped. 

MAGS SOLD

Edited by tangouniform

• 10 months later...

Hi:

In several months I hope to own a 1928 Thompson. The gun will come with a drum magazine. I hope to purchase a couple of stick magazines. Will the magazines that you are advertising work for a 1928 Thompson?  Is the price of $70 for 2 magazines a typical price?  Thanks.

On 5/17/2019 at 11:02 PM, BillP said:

Hi:

In several months I hope to own a 1928 Thompson. The gun will come with a drum magazine. I hope to purchase a couple of stick magazines. Will the magazines that you are advertising work for a 1928 Thompson?  Is the price of $70 for 2 magazines a typical price?  Thanks.

Bill

No, the advertised mags will not fit a 1928. The seller states 'These are original magazines that have been modified to be used with semi-auto and semi-auto SBR'd Thompsons.' This usually means that the hole in the rear of the mag where it locks into the frame has been enlarged to fit the semi-auto version of the gun. When you are looking for mags you want the original ones with a round hole. The modified mags will have a larger and more oblong hole. They will not lock up in a machine gun because they would be too loose.

On 5/20/2019 at 9:12 AM, JJX said:

Bill

No, the advertised mags will not fit a 1928. The seller states 'These are original magazines that have been modified to be used with semi-auto and semi-auto SBR'd Thompsons.' This usually means that the hole in the rear of the mag where it locks into the frame has been enlarged to fit the semi-auto version of the gun. When you are looking for mags you want the original ones with a round hole. The modified mags will have a larger and more oblong hole. They will not lock up in a machine gun because they would be too loose.

Thanks for answering the above question.  I've been out and didn't have a chance to respond.

MAGS are SOLD (a while ago)...