SACO M60, UNFIRED, $50,000

Schutzhund3

I am offering a Pre-86 SACO DEFENSE SYSTEM MaREMONT  M60 Machine Gun.  Located in Virginia. Presently registered with BATF on a Form 4, fully transferable. The gun has been owned since 1987, stored in a vault, and never fired.  Condition is mint, factory new, no blemishes or defects. Comes with an M122 Tripod, T&E, unfired Spare Barrel, Blank Firing Adaptor, Mitt, Factory sealed Accessory Bag with Sling and Wrench, Cleaning Kit, and Carrying Bag. Need I say, a very collectable and desirable addition to your collection!  'Virgin' SACOs don't pop up too often. If transferred to an 'Individual', I will pay the first Transfer Tax to your Dealer. If sold and transferred to a Dealer, tax to be paid by Transferee. Will split FedEx Shipping Costs and Insurance. Price - $50,000. Payment by Personal or Business Check. Your Local, State, and Federal Laws apply.  If interested, send me a PM.

Mark

Let the pictures do the talking:

Print photo at home

Print photo at home

Print photo at home

Print photo at home

Print photo at homePrint photo at home

Print photo at home

Print photo at home

Print photo at home

Print photo at home

Print photo at home

Print photo at home

Print photo at home

Print photo at home

Print photo at home

Print photo at home

Print photo at home

Print photo at homePrint photo at home

Print photo at home

Edited by Schutzhund3
Add Tag

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Appreciate the comments.  By the end of 1986 (when the purchase was made,  and the application went in), the prices were starting to go up.  I recall paying a whopping $5k. That included the spare Stellite barrel.  In hindsight, I wish I would have bought five of them!  About the same time, I picked up a brand new Colt M16A2 3 rd. burst gun for about the same price.  Everyone thought I was crazy for spending so much money.  I guess the joke was on them.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Neo said:

Purchased January of '87 eh? Oh my. Historical acquisition here. What was your purchase price like back just months after the ban?

NEO...THIS is your type of gun dude. I'm serious. I have an M60 but its not as nice as this one of course and nor could I/would I buy a $50k gun. Just saying....They dont come around like this often.

HH

(and no...I dont know the seller and I'm not shilling for him. I just think I know your tastes and I'm a new M60 owner myself)

I was just admiring it, and I do covet it, even watched videos of this gun in action before. Its too bad that I live on a zero lot that's very much dead center of Memphis, TN, so it should go to a better home. Like someone with a hummer, land, and a balcony or flat roof for setting up their turret defense. This would be almost as practical as picking up a 50 caliber or a minigun, but def at the top of the dream gun list. I suspect that such WMDs would be perma banned from any of my local ranges anyways.

Interesting to learn that this was already a pricey gun back in '86, thanks for sharing, good luck with sale.

Edited by Neo

Pleased to the announce the gun has been SOLD!  Moderators, please mark it as such, and feel free to leave the images up for reference.  I really appreciate all the interest, PMs, offers, and positive comments that have been made.  You are a great community!

Congratulations to the new owner!

Mark