Cincylance

Who sells 25-rd or 50-rd PKM belts?

7 posts in this topic

I see IMA sells pricey 25-rd belts, but was hoping to find some 50-rd "sets" cheaper. By set I mean the 5 belts that make up a 250 round belt with a lead belt with starter tab.

Who sells PKM belts in lengths less than 250-rds?

Thanks,

Cincylance

Edited by Cincylance

The first person someone without a gun calls in an emergency is a person with a gun.

I don't know who sells the shorter belts, but you can make your own from 250 round belts.  RobertRTG sells the starter tabs and linking wires on this page.  You could disassemble a long belt and rebuild it into what you want.

Thanks for the tip.

Ive got one set of five 50-rd belts. The first belt has a starter tab and joiner last link. The other four belts have male and female joiner links on each end. This is ideally what I'm looking for.

The first person someone without a gun calls in an emergency is a person with a gun.

I had to go Google some images and I think I know what you're talking about now.  Sounds like you can pull the last round in the belt and re-insert it to chain in the next 50 rounds.  My belts are for my Maxim and aren't built that way.  :|

I too will be using them in a maxim, but don't want the 250 rd belts.

The shorter belts are not a standard issue type thing. The 50rd segments were used in the 100rd cans for the PKM assault setup otherwise they used 250rd belts. The chinese used the 25rd segments but I haven't seen any of those for a long time. Your best bet if you want the shorter belts is to go to the RTG page linked above and make up your own. I'm not selling you any of my 100rd cans though you might check with Dave and see if he has any left.

Frank

Thanks "Biff!"

Edited by Cincylance