MG34 Accessories

eMGunslinger

I picked up a bunch more MG34 stuff, about a truck load to be exact and there were some odd stuff in there I am wondering about what they are and values.

I know the Aluminum can on the far left is a Fallschirmjäger MG34/42 can is a 1939 date they are $150 ish if I am correct?
The middle double can I have no idea what it is has BSU 1938 on it
The Trommel Carrier and Drums if I am correct are original with black paint and post war are green.
Soaker Can no idea these even existed till now
Double MG34 barrel carrier
Original small gunners kit, has the wrenchs, broken shell extractor and all in it as well

Any additional info or a rough value would be great, not looking to sell mainly just for my inventory sheets.
Thanks!

image.jpg

Edited by eMGunslinger

Nice haul.

Alum cans: $75 - $125 depending on cond/remaining orig paint

Wide can dated 1938: these either held oil and solvent cans or two rows of belts. Haven't seen one sell lately, but I'd guess $100 - $150 depending on cond/originality. The also came in a prewar tri-color camo.

Carrier with baskets: cond/original paint and a matching set or not really affects value. Wartime sets were painted a number of different colors depending on a number of variables including when they were made. There were two different tans, two different greens and the early war Wehrmacht gray. $150 - $350 depending on date, cond, orig, etc.

Gunner's kit with contents: these were made for both the 34 and the 42. Lots of contents went into this case including a spare bolt and AA front sight. Pouches were made of leather or prestoff with the latter made in black or tan. Prices really range depending upon cond, completeness, etc. $150 - $1200.

Soaking cans were made for the mg34 as well as earlier model MGs. $75 -$85.

Double barrel carrier. These were made prewar for the 34, then postwar for the 42. The early 34 examples are more desirable. Just like the baskets carrier sets, colors varied. Not sure on value of prewar dbl bbl carriers, but I'd guess $275 - $400.

I hope this helps.

Cincylance

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/6/2016 at 0:49 PM, eMGunslinger said:

Pm'ed I work on them quite and bit and am very good at it, I have a few dozen sets of spare parts I can help you with.

If you work on them I might bring my Pre May down and let you go over it.  I'm in Vicksburg, MS a couple hours from you.

Travis

6 hours ago, DVP Firearms said:

If you work on them I might bring my Pre May down and let you go over it.  I'm in Vicksburg, MS a couple hours from you.

Travis

Yea not a problem at all, I've actually got to rebuild and go through two right now for some basic stuff. Just let me know if you need some help.