Sell Norrell .22 for a HK pack? or Not?

10/22Hunter

I will be probably the only person to say this, but I wouldn't.  I have both.  The MP5 is cool and all, but I honestly shoot the Norrell 10 to 1 now that the "newcool" factor of the MP5 has worn off.  The MP5 sear will probably go up more in the future (I wouldn't think it would go up past the point it is at, $30000 is insane for one, but I have a poor track record on being right about that as I said the same thing at $5000 and $12000 and $20000 so.......) as it has a versatility the Norrell does not, but the Norrell is the only machinegun that I have sold and then repurchased because I regretted selling it.

Norrell will be the last machinegun I sell.

I have both and just bought another ALTECH PAC so I could use original German trips in what I have. trying to move a fleming sear because it makes 3. many times I like to use 2 diff HK's and got tired of moving them around. my 10/22 runs fine but just wont get it for me anymore and may be listed to go soon. the .22 is fine by itself but if I have a belt fed or assault rifle out on the line it will just sit there. even guests never ask for another mag.  I think both will continue to go up, but the .22 has a bit more room than the HK but I have been wrong b-4 . I sold several HK packs and thought they peaked at 10K. never kept anything just because I thought it would go up. if I don't enjoy it, its time is limited.

Thanks for the input.   Talking with some others, it appears the HK sear is loved by those that don't have one yet, so naturally, we all want one.  However, those of us that have the 10/22 full auto love it and love sharing it with family and friends due to its ease of operation.   I have always shared mine with my amateur friends and they always love it.  Sadly, it may be the time to part with it.   It is a tough call.

while on the subject of the Norrell  10/22, what mags do you guys find work the best that you like? all the factory ruger mags work fine in mine along with the butler creek. but I find them tiresome to load. I have several of the single stack 30 rnd steel from the Philippine's that use an adapter and the ammo just falls in them. I got where I could load them one handed while chasing rats in my VW thing. I would imagine they are hard to find these days but don't get to any shows anymore so cant say.

Hi Mike,

For non-factory Ruger 10-22 mags (does not work with factory mags!), I'd give the McFadden Lightning Grip Loader a try.  It is a nice loader with changeable magwells. I've used the loader for Thompson 22 (BDM & JAC mags), 16/22 mags (BDM), and uzi 22 mags (Vector) and all works quite well.  I've not personally used it for the 10-22.  For the firearms I've mentioned above,  I've shot up to 4300 rounds/day (range open house) so if it is used with care, it doesn't break too soon.

http://www.mcfaden.com/product-p/lightnin-grip.htm

http://www.mcfaden.com/product-p/10-22rifleadapteronly.htm

I love the visual of running about in the Thing "hunting" rats.  Reminds me of the troubles with hanging from one hand in a corn crib trying to figure out how to reload my pistol with one hand while hunting rats.

Enjoy,

Grasshopper

Mine runs flawless with the factory Ruger BX-25 mags.   The only other mags I tried were butler creek and it was hit or miss.   So, I gave those away to a friend and use only the BX-25.   Runs like a sewing machine flawless with those and good ammo.   Usually cci mini mag or standard velocity cci, regular federal, or Aguila all run great.   The Winchester white box or the Remington green suck in all guns.    

my gun likes the BX-25's and most butler creek , but I don't enjoy loading them!  with the single stacks the rnds just slip in I have a ton of "blazer" in 50 rnd ctns and it runs great. over the years I have learned to STAY AWAY from ALL the BULK PACKS no matter who made them, originally they were only in the "big box "dept stores aat a low price so mfgr's could maintain the levels to traditional gunshops etc. I believe the quality was/is less due to faults when using them. other than CCI's "mini mags" my favorite is the REM "golden bullet" again ONLY in individual packs  LIKE THE THOUGHT OF CHASING RATS in the THING?  while doing so in a popular QUAIL HUNTING area (true story) we ran into a large encampment of members of the RDF from San Diego. 4 huge motor homes / quads /trucks etc. saw them several times , but when the HUEY was parked we had to stop!  turns out even on vacation they were still on 24 hr call so  the HUEY was required. spent a while talking and invited them for that's night run. had 2 full AM 180's and 2 Norrell 10/22's the first guest shooter got so excited when his target charged the thing he kept the burst going and struck my front mounted spare/ hood and folded windshield. of course he paid to fix it so no worries. we had them join us several nights and one individual laughed so hard he peed his pants. they kept the camp active for a month and provided some current issue arms to play with. left behind several cases/cans of issue ammo as a thank you so it turned out to be very special.

It seems each persons gun functions with various ammo and magazines a little differently, which is pretty normal, especially with .22.   Took mine out yesterday with some non gun friends from out of town and had a blast.   They had never shot a MG and it was the perfect way to show off the reasons we all love shooting so much.   But I may still have to let it go, we'll see.

• 5 weeks later...

I cant possibly fathom why one would choose a 22 pack over a hk sear. I mean I just cant wrap my head around that at all.

the HK sear is the obvious winner of those two. The versatility alone trumps most every other MG on the market to me...and is why they are so dang expensive. Hosts- factory or clones- from .22 conversion kits , MP5k PDW , up to HK23E beltfed...and everything in b/t.

Come on guys. Yall arent being honest w the OP here. The HK sear is the bomb. A 22 pack is kinda interesting and fun plinker one trick pony.

Flame away suckers! hah