"MASS SHOOTINGS" MY THOUGHTS

GENERALLY, I TRY TO STAY AWAY FROM CREATING THREADS ON POLITICAL , MORAL ISSUES, BUT WILL REPLY TO OTHERS WHEN MOTIVATED. My illness often forces me to remain in a recliner and the TV is on to keep from sleeping all the time.  Recently a documentary has been airing via Direct TV titled " A DANGEROUS SON". In order to form an informed opinion , I watched it several times and took notes. As in any other creation, the scope of such a production can be presented in order to sway the viewer's opinion. from what I gathered they were attempting to show that the difficulty in getting "help"  was the major cause of the showcased individuals being uncontrollable and a threat to all around them. at first I found myself agreeing and was appalled with the "system" . Several so called experts expressed their opinion that all the negative actions were the result of "mental illness. one cant help but be upset while watching these young people attacking, cursing and forcing the parent to bend to their will.  All that changed when I watched the "child" with obvious clear thought verbally threaten various actions unless others bent to their will. during my life I have witnessed this personally many times and seen it stopped instantly by the parent remaining firm and doing what ever was needed to maintain control including "CORPORAL PUNISHMENT !  I am not trained in psychiatric methods or mental illness , but observing these examples presented common sense dictates that only words and treating a child as an equal is not the answer. HELL as a kid I tried it a few times. Grandma was easy , Grandpa only had to make eye contact , MOM had several special willow switches and DAD had more than one belt. Knowing those "tools" were available was very effective , but real quickly the main restraint was their disappointment with me when I acted up. Of course I know there are serious cases of mental illness but did not see it as the sole cause in any of the individuals in this documentary. when they closed all the state and federally ran mental health hospitals in the early 60's that was a big mistake. With both or the main parent forced to concentrate almost totally on financial responsibility its very easy for an undisciplined child to develop and nurture an "antisocial" personality and there needs to be a not for profit live in system created to house these people and care for them. just another example of the failure of new wave society. at my age , personally its no real threat to my quality of life, BUT I AM TERRIFIED OF THE FUTURE FOR ALL YOU STRAIGHT THINKING YOUNG PEOPLE I CHERISH AND ENJOY SO MUCH ! with the majority of the teens and people in the early 20's almost total focus on the "SMART PHONE" and the various "SOCIAL MEDIA"  I don't see a way out or any possible fix? I would suggest you all take the time to view " A DANGEROUS SON " while doing so watch one of the worse examples using a note book game to machine gun all comers downtown. that's about all I can say at this point.   SHAKING AND WITH TEARS IN MY EYE'S cheers mike